Life is so hard. I’m so sorry that someone hurt you badly. The truth is, most people develop a victim’s mentality because they ACTUALLY were victims at someone point. But, the problem is when you stay in the pain and you become afraid to leave it.
The pain can cause us to be hyper vigilant about NEVER feeling that pain again. Sadly, A victim mentality can cause us to attack other people before they attack us. Or, close ourselves off from being loved.
Are you struggling with this? It’s time to take the Victim Mentality Test to see if this is something you should fix immediately. The quiz includes 25 signs that indicate fear, disempowerment, and lack of hope that you can and will overcome.
Related Article: Toxic Relationship Quiz: Am I In A Toxic Entanglement Test?!
25 Signs of a Victim Mentality!
1. I think people are trying to hurt me.
2. I need to leave or hurt people before they leave or hurt me.
3. I don’t care about the perspectives of others.
4. If they hurt me, they need to change not me.
5. I am angry at the people that have hurt me.
6. I feel that people are judging or criticizing me.
7. I feel my life is worse than everyone else.
8. I don’t try because of potential obstacles.
9. I still complain or feel anger about something from my past.
10. I would be happier if life wasn’t so hard.
11. I believe I’m cursed or have bad luck.
Take the Victim Mentality Quiz to see the 14 remaining signs !
6 Signs of Victim Mentality in Relationships
Individuals that have a victim mentality in relationships have been hurt by people that are the closest to them. They fear being the victim again, so everything they do is centered on preventing the pain.
- They may criticize before you criticize them
- Fear of you leaving might cause them to leave first or be emotionally withdrawn/ hot & cold
- They may lash out when they think you’re about to lash out
- They may hyper focus on everything being equal, so they aren’t taken advantage of
- You are the only problem and they can’t see anything their doing wrong
- The relationship is dictated by their mood
Related Article: An Empowering Letter To Women Healing from Emotional Abuse!
3 Tips for Overcoming Victim Mentality
Heal: A victim has a high chance of developing a victim’s mentality. Therefore, the victim must heal from whatever caused them the first pain. When they heal from the pain they’ll stop fearing it will happen again. It’s the fear it will happen again that causes them to do everything to stop it. Unfortunately, everything they do to stop it is usually self-sabotaging and toxic.
Hope Again: The victim needs to restore their hope that life isn’t dark. They need to find peace and hope that God will restore what they lost. That they have great things in store for their life… And, they don’t have to be afraid.
Awakened Inner Self: Lastly, total inner awakening needs to happen. If you are healing you must embrace your inner power. The pain that was meant to break you didn’t win. And, you are a conquerer. The truth is, nothing can break you as badly again. Once you heal, the world is your playground.
To further explore inner healing and end cycles in your life: Download The Heart Detox. It walks you through difficult emotions, having healthy relationships, and enjoying your best life! If you want help navigating this sign up for your First 20 Minutes Free: 1:1 Empowerment Coaching!