Getting married can be such a heavenly experience if you prepare properly. Take the quiz, to see if you Are Ready For Marriage? The quiz includes 32 statement to assess if you are not ready for marriage.
Preparation for marriage can be done whether you are single or engaged. Taking the proper steps to healing and breaking unhealthy cycles can help you be proactive for your current or future relationship.
5 Tips to Prepare Marriage:
If you are looking to learn how to get ready for marriage you can follow these steps to guide you in the right direction.
- Have an awareness that marriage requires preparation
- Go through a self-discovery and healing (evaluate expectations, traumas, and etc.)
- Gain the tools necessary to cope with issues
- Begin a relationship with God
- Ensure that your partner is compatible (do you both have compatible personalities, relationships with God, etc.? Is your partner GROWTH oriented?!)
Related Quiz: Are You Ready to Get Married?
33 Signs You’re Not Ready For Marriage
You can be so infatuated with your partner that you miss all the signs that you’re not ready for marriage and you are getting married soon.
- You don’t know their weaknesses
- You think their red flags aren’t a big deal
- You don’t notice personality differences
- You both avoid confrontation
- There are unhealthy behaviors present
- You expect your partner to fill you needs
- You feel alone and unhappy without your partner
- No one in your life can give you constructive criticism about your relationship
6 Resources for Marriage Preparation:
- 4 Step Single Girl’s Guide To Finding Your Soulmate!
- 4 Secrets for Healthy Christian Relationships!
- Ultimate Guide To Set Christian Dating Boundaries!
- Toxic Relationship Quiz: Am I In A Toxic Entanglement Test?!
- 9+ Christian Books For Marriage & Dating!
- 10 Emotional Needs That Destroy Relationships!
- 3 Marriage Ready Mindset Goals
Preparing For Marriage God’s Way:
God wants us to develop a deep relationship with him. Most people put their partner as their GOD. Is your partner your everything – your source of happiness, love, finances, and safety?!
I would date men that had never felt loved and I thought I would make them feel loved. I was a people-pleaser, enabler, and was afraid to set boundaries and say no. I dated people that didn’t accept blame, wanted me to satisfy all their needs, and would blow up if I set boundaries or said no. We were the perfect dysfunctional match.
Related Article: Waiting on God: 6 Reasons Pain Prepares You!
God wants us to fix those things before we get married. If we don’t fix those things we end up having to deal with them in marriage. And, it’s harder to work on ourselves when two people don’t know themselves or the root causes of their pain and behaviors.
How do I know if Im ready to get married? You know that you are ready for marriage when you are able to carefully evaluate whether the person is a good emotional and spiritual fit.
How do you pray to get married soon? You need to tap into the 5 secrets for powerful prayers that will open the pathway for marriage.
What are the major signs a woman is ready for marriage? A woman is ready for marriage when she is emotional and spiritually secure. A woman that is confident and knows how to find happiness outside of a relationship will make a terrific match. Why? Because she isn’t afraid to leave any situation that is toxic or below her standards.
Why do I want to get married all of a sudden? Perhaps, God is awakening that desire in you so that you are prepared for him to bring you the right person? I don’t want to over spiritualize it, but God made us to be connected with another romantically.
What is the best age to get married? Why? There is no proper age for getting married. Some people have gone through the pain and healing of a 60 year old at the age of 29. More than age, It’s important to look for someone that is emotionally and spiritually on a path to total healing and awakening.