Getting married can be such a heavenly experience if you prepare properly. Take the quiz, to see if you Are Ready For Marriage? The quiz includes 32 statement to assess if you are not ready for marriage.
Preparation for marriage can be done whether you are single or engaged. Taking the proper steps can help you decided how you should further prepare for marriage.
5 Tips to Prepare Marriage:
If you are looking to learn how to get ready for marriage you can follow these steps to guide you in the right direction.
- Be aware that you need to prepare for marriage
- Go through a self-discovery and healing (evaluate expectations, traumas, and etc.)
- Gain the tools necessary to cope with issues
- Begin a relationship with God
- Ensure that your partner is compatible (do you both have compatible personalities, relationships with God, etc.? Is your partner GROWTH oriented?!)
Related Quiz: Are You Ready to Get Married?
6 Resources for Marriage Preparation:
- 4 Step Single Girl’s Guide To Finding Your Soulmate!
- 4 Secrets for Healthy Christian Relationships!
- Ultimate Guide To Set Christian Dating Boundaries!
- Toxic Relationship Quiz: Am I In A Toxic Entanglement Test?!
- 9+ Christian Books For Marriage & Dating!
- 10 Emotional Needs That Destroy Relationships!
- 3 Marriage Ready Mindset Goals
Preparing For Marriage God’s Way:
God wants us to develop a deep relationship with him. Most people put their partner as their GOD. Is your partner your everything – your source of happiness, love, finances, and safety?!
I would date men that had never felt loved and I thought I would make them feel loved. I was a people-pleaser, enabler, and was afraid to set boundaries and say no. I dated people that didn’t accept blame, wanted me to satisfy all their needs, and would blow up if I set boundaries or said no. We were the perfect dysfunctional match.
Related Article: Waiting on God: 6 Reasons Pain Prepares You!
God wants us to fix those things before we get married. If we don’t fix those things we end up having to deal with them in marriage. And, it’s harder to work on ourselves when two people don’t know themselves or the root causes of their pain and behaviors.