Scientists struggle with understanding the root cause of narcissism. Some attribute it to parenting style, while others link narcissism to biological and emotional neglect. However, the ultimate cause is unknown.
Here are a few resources to help you understand how unhealthy mental and behavioral pattern are adopted by children:
- 3 Tips to Break Toxic Generational Patterns NOW!
- Dying To Self: 4 Tips To Crucify the Flesh!
- The Narcissists Has A Broken Bucket
- How Do I Fix My Toxic Traits? 5 Tips To Heal!
What is Narcissism?
Essentially, narcissism is a deep rooted need to protect, satisfy, and focus on one’s self. Narcissist have a shattered inner ego and are very vulnerable at their core. Lucifer, the fallen angel Satan, was the first narcissist. Since his fall, he has done everything possible to get people to focus on themselves by trapping them in pain. These prayers will focus on helping you SEE clearly and escape the hidden traps.
“To open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.“ Acts 26:18
Prayers for Deliverance from Narcissism
Heavenly Father, I am sadden by the constant issues in my life. It hurts me that people don't understand how they're hurting me. Father, give me the strength to remain righteous when others accuse me of what they're doing as well. Help me to love those who hurt me. Help me to bless those who curse me. I surrender to your protection O' Lord. In you I trust. I will put down my weapons and I will wait on you God. I drop my desire to be powerful, loved, and attractive. I acknowledge your power God to fill me in my empty spaces. You O' Lord satisfy my soul. You cause my soul to overflow with goodness. Thank you for being you God. Amen.
- “Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.” (John 4:13-15)
Related Article: 50 Prayer Points For Deliverance + Scriptures
Prayer To See Clearly
Abba father, cleanse me of any hidden pain, fear, and distrust. Your word says that the heart is wicked and no man can know the depths of it. But you O' father, you search my heart and know what is within it. I ask for you to purify me and make me aware of what is within me. I thank you for cleansing my soul from impurities, so my thoughts can be good. Then my words won't be daggers to the one's I love. O Lord, I desire rivers of living water to come out of my mouth. I desire to speak words that uplift others. By your grace, I will store wisdom in my heart as I read your word. And I ask you to reveal hidden mysteries to me and my speech to be seasoned with your goodness. Thank you father because you're helping me to see the world beyond my emotions. You're helping me to think of others. To you O' God, I am forever grateful. Amen.
- “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” (Psalm 139:23-24)
- “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.” (Jeremiah 17:9-10)
Prayer to Be Humble and Selfless
Search my life for anything that doesn't align with you God. I desire to love others as I would love myself. I desire to think of others and understand their needs. I thank you for your helping me to get out of my comfort zone and love all around me. Please remove vain self-love, the love of money, boastfulness, arrogance, and unhealthy tendencies. Help me to be humble and righteous O' Lord. I desire to imitate Jesus and walk in his authority. O' Lord, I give you permission to discipline and direct me into the path of meekness. Your word says that those who hunger and thirst for righteousness will be filled. So, I will stand firm in your word. I agree that you will do a wonderful work in my father. Amen.
- “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.” (Ephesians 4:2)
- “For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” (Luke 14:11)
- “Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.” (Romans 12:16)
Related Article: 7 Causes of Pride: How to be More Humble!
Deliverance Prayers for the Mind
El Shaddai, you are the most high God. Who on the earth can I find like you O’ God? You saw me in my sin and you died for me. You cleansed me. You don’t hold my past against me and you are leading me to a greater measure. You are good God. I refuse to let my situation convince me other wise. I refuse to bow down to my feelings and deny that Jesus’ blood was enough for me. I take hold of my authority and I’m standing firm that my mind will be free. “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” (Romans 8:1)
Related Article: Deliverance Prayers for the Mind
Prayer for Relationship Struggles
Father, it hurts when others can't understand my pain. I need your help not to be reactive and try to teach them a lesson. I want to avoid Satan's strategy to cause me to hurt others. So, I submit my weak and fragile heart into your hands. I ask you to protect me and fight for me. Though others may wrong me, I will remain righteous and submit to your plans O' Lord. You said, I can trust in your goodness, so I believe it. In your proper timing you will make things new. I trust you Abba to protect me. I love you with all my heart and soul. You are the way maker. You give me strength to keep going. You will never put the righteous to shame. I rejoice because you are a majestic and never failing God. Amen.
- “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)
- The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent. Exodus 14:14
- Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” Romans 12:19
Emotional Reflection Quizzes
Here are a few quizzes to help you assess areas within your life that you can heal!
- QUIZ: Am I codependent?
- QUIZ: Are you stuck in a victim mentality?
- QUIZ: Am I prideful?
- QUIZ: What is your coping style?
- QUIZ: Do you play the blame game and gaslight?
- QUIZ: Are you a people-pleaser?
Too tired to keep going? Repeat this soul medicine: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13