50 Prayer Points for Deliverance + Scriptures
Table of Contents
Successful deliverance can only happen when individuals come into the complete truth of the Gospel. Without proper theology, individuals unknowingly open doors for further torment. The truth is: Jesus set you free if you believe in him. The enemies’ goal, as the father of lies, is to convince you that you’re not free.
In Isaiah 61, the Old Testament, the prophet Isaiah prophesied that Jesus would come to set us free: “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound.” In Luke 4:17-21, Jesus read from Isaiah’s scroll and said “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”
Jesus Christ wanted to reveal some truth to you:
The Bible helps you defeat lies from Satan that keep you from fully embracing the GOOD news of the Gospel: “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:32) When we learn the truth, “then we will no longer be infants, tossed about by the waves and carried around by every wind of teaching and by the clever cunning of men in their deceitful scheming.” (Ephesians 4:14)
- True faith in God’s power and biblical promises will bring the biggest breakthrough. “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Romans 10:17)
- The ability to avoid sin and temptations is possible with the Holy Spirit. God is preparing us to be a virgin (pure and spotless) bride on the day of Christs return. (1 Corinthians 10:13; 2 Corinthians 11:1-4; Revelation 19:7-9; 1 John 1:9)
- God’s love, forgiveness, and purification are free gifts through Jesus Christ. You can’t earn free gifts. You just believe and accept. (Ephesians 2:8-10)
- Nothing can separate you from the love of God. (Romans 8:38-39)
- Oppression is not possession. Demons can’t live in active believers because you are a temple of the Holy Spirit. If the Holy Spirit lives within you then nothing else can. Being oppressed is a heavy feeling which is a strategy from the enemy to make you feel weak. Unhealed pain, shame, and unbelief invites oppression. And entertaining pride, rebellion, and sin can cause us to leave God’s protection. (1 Corinthians 3:16)
- Jesus died to make you clean and give you righteous standing. Therefore, conviction and condemnation are not the same. You can feel remorse for sin, but you shouldn’t believe God loves you less because of it. Jesus didn’t die for you to have painful flashbacks and burdensome shame. (1 John 3:3; 2 Corinthians 7:10)
- God doesn’t work according to our time frame, so stay faithful as you wait. God doesn’t do things how we want and expect. God’s goal is to save humanity and sometimes we have to lay down our lives for his plan. Sometimes pain is allowed by God for a greater glory. (Hebrews 12:7-13)
- Unbearable fasts and prayers won’t earn you the free gift of purity and forgiveness.
- God will protect you from evil and your enemies’ plots.
- If you believe you will always be stuck then you’ll be stuck even longer. You are BLESSED not cursed. God will turn EVERY bad situation around for your good. (Romans 8:28)
Short Prayer of Praise
Lord God Almighty, you are consistent, constant, and unwavering. Your promises remain the same today and forever more. I thank you that you don't change your mind and the promises in the Bible are my portion. I am confident you are my shepherd that will help me find rest, peace, and refreshment to my soul. Thank you for removing the spirit of fear, spirits of infirmity, and even minor coughs from my life. I am overjoyed that I do not have to fear evil or any plans of the enemy for You are with me; and Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. Thank you that You anoint my head with oil; and my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Amen.
Related Article: 62 Prayer Points For ThanksGiving + Scriptures!
Prayer Points for Deliverance
Self Deliverance Prayer Points
I believe that Jesus’ Blood is enough to set me free. I will not bow down to false doctrines that say I am not who God says I am. I was made righteous by Christ’s death on the cross. I believe that the Holy Spirit will guide me on the narrow path of righteousness. I may stumble, but you O’ God will never let me fall from eternal salvation. You O’ Lord are good and I will believe in you all the days of my life. “For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.” Galatians 5:1
- Father, thank you for sending your son Jesus Christ to be an offering for my sin. Thank you for my purification in the precious blood of Jesus. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)
- In the name of Jesus, I am being made whole. I am your patient and you are the most qualified doctor. I submit to your precious work. “And “On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” Mark 2:17
- Thank you God that I was delivered when Jesus went on that cross. I ask for the faith to believe it. “For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.” (Galatians 5:1)
- O’ Lord, search my heart and cleanse me of everything that is immoral. I thank you for your word that washes me and teaches me the truth. “For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12)
- I am highly favored by my father in Heaven. I am blessed and not cursed. Thank you God for expanding my ability to think like you. “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” — 2 Corinthians 10:5
- El Shaddai, I am so thankful to be loved by you. Thank you that you saw me in my sin and still saw me as beautiful. You love me God and your faithfulness endures forever. “For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39)
- You O’ God are a refining fire that burns away my impurities. Your works O’ God are marvelous and I believe that you will have your perfect way within me. “So that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.” (1 Peter 1:7; Malachi 3:3)
- I repent for all sins that I’m unaware of in my life. Help me to avoid the path of rebellion and guide me on the narrow path of righteousness. I thank you that you don’t author shame and I boldly accept your victory and joy! “For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.” 2 Corinthians 7:10
- You are a promise keeper El Shaddai, the most high God. Every word that you spoke will prove true. I will wait in faith even if it seems impossible. “For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.” (Habakkuk 2:3)
Related Article: Dying To Self: 4 Tips To Crucify The Flesh!
Deliverance Prayers for the Mind
El Shaddai, you are the most high God. Who on the earth can I find like you O’ God? You saw me in my sin and you died for me. You cleansed me. You don’t hold my past against me and you are leading me to a greater measure. You are good God. I refuse to let my situation convince me other wise. I refuse to bow down to my feelings and deny that Jesus’ blood was enough for me. I take hold of my authority and I’m standing firm that my mind will be free. “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” (Romans 8:1)
- Jehovah Shalom, thank you for bringing my mind into your perfect peace. Help me to see every false belief and doctrine that may be hindering my walk with you O’Lord. I desire your pure word as it is healing to my spirit. “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” — 2 Corinthians 10:5
- I rejoice because you have forgiven me O’ Lord. I gladly leave my past in the past. I refuse to let the enemy bring painful memories to taunt me. I am set free and renewed. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
- I am confident that the word of God will pierce my heart and reveal all that is within me. You O’God are faithful and you will remove everything within me that hinders purity, faith, and love. “For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12)
- Jehovah Nissi, I raise your banner in victory for you will help me to conquer this obstacle. You O’ Lord are helping me to gain spiritual muscles through this trial. I will stick it out and trust that you will help me to conquer! “More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.” Romans 5:3-5
- I will put on the full armor of God. In faith, I put on the belt of truth and shoes of readiness, so I can stand firm in every trial. I put on the helmet of salvation to believe that I am truly saved and I refuse to believe other wise. And in the name of Jesus, I will pick up my word to defeat every lie and attack that Satan seeks to bring upon believers. “…and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance…” (Ephesians 6:12-20)
- I delight in being a child of Heaven. I will not submit to the lust for money, sex, and worldly gain. I am determined to see the kingdom of Heaven on earth. I will stand firm in the truths of God. “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” Romans 12:2
- I look to you Abba in this hard situation. I choose to believe that you are for me and not against me. I will not let fear control and guide my thoughts. I will remain focused and hopeful that your word ALWAYS proves true. “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” Philippians 4:8
- Dear Lord, I give you permission to do a new work in me. I thank you that in you I have a sound mind. Thank you for your peace O’ Lord. I love you. “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.” (Isaiah 26:3)
- Jehovah Rapha, you are the God who heals. The righteous cry out to you and you hear. I ask that you heal me from mental illness. Thank you for deliverance of the brain. I ask that past trauma and pain wouldn’t stop me from thinking, worshipping, and praising with a sober mind.
Related Article: Carnally Minded: 7 Biblical Tips To Purity!
I am confident that the word of God will pierce my heart and reveal all that is within me. You O'God are faithful and you will remove everything within me that hinders purity, faith, and love. "For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)
Prayer for Deliverance and Breakthrough
My breakthrough is coming and I will see a miracle. Though your timing is not my timing O’God, you are faithful. You are just. You are the promise keeper that NEVER goes back on your word. I will wait on you and I will stay faith-filled until your glory is revealed in my situation. “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9)
- Jehovah Shammah, you are here with me in every trial. I ask for your strength to faithfully walk through this affliction. “For you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.” James 1:3
- Adonai, my master. I submit to your leading. I submit to your voice. Only you alone do I worship. I ask that I would be a perfect reflection of you as I am perfected in your love. “Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” (James 1:4)
- Jehovah Mekoddishkem, thank you for purifying me and helping me to grow in the ability to accept the pure word of God. I thank you that I’m your sheep and I hear your voice. Your voice guides me to the freedom of the Gospel and I embrace it. I am thankful that I don’t have to work to earn your free gifts! “Then we will no longer be infants, tossed about by the waves and carried around by every wind of teaching and by the clever cunning of men in their deceitful scheming.” Ephesians 4:14
- Thank you God that you strengthen my faith as I read the word. Your scriptures nourish my soul O’ God. Strengthen me father, so I can eat the meat of the word and not spiritual milk for newborns. (Read more)
- Thank you God for the ability to live a life free from sin. Jehovah Jireh, my provider, I’m thankful that you have given me everything needed to escape the temptation of sin. (1 Corinthians 10:13; 2 Corinthians 11:1-4; Revelation 19:7-9; 1 John 1:9)
- Thank you God, that I am loved by you despite my mistakes. Please help me to be submitted to your guidance, so that I can remain in your protection. (Romans 8:38-39)
- Thank you father that I have the Holy Spirit to help me. I am blessed to be a temple that honors you. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
- Jehovah Tsidkenu, you are the lord of righteousness and I desire to be as you are. Lord, help me to believe I’m set free with the blood of Jesus. (1 John 3:3)
- Abba father, I ask for the patience to wait on your time. I desire the strength to stay faith filled as you wait. I believe that I can do al things through Christ who strengthens me! (Hebrews 12:7-13)
- Abba father, you are good. I ask that you would help me to stop working for what you’ve already given me. Help me to avoid unbearable fasts and prayers! Please help me to know that your love, salvation, and purification are free gifts!
- I rejoice in you O’Lord, because you will protect me from evil and my enemies’ plots.
- In the name of Jesus, I declare a mindset of poverty to leave. I thank you for my royal inheritance O’ Lord. I thank you that you died to cleanse me and it is so. I am growing and I will believe it even if I’m not where I want to be.
Related Article: Dying To Self: 4 Tips To Crucify The Flesh!
Prayers for Deliverance from Darkness
You have authority over darkness my sweet friend. Do you believe it? You will see more breakthrough in your life and the lives around when you believe it: “Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.” Luke 10:19
- O’ Lord, I ask that you help me break agreement with darkness in my life. Help me to swept my heart and mind clean. Father protect the entrance of my heart and mind from filth coming in. “When an unclean spirit comes out of a man, it passes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ On its return, it finds the house vacant, swept clean, and put in order. Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and dwell there; and the final plight of that man is worse than the first.” (Matthew 12:43-44)
- I declare every evil spirits and strongholds loosed in the name of Jesus. Thank you father that all demons have to bow at the name of Jesus. I cry, Jesus, JESUS, JESUS. For your name causes the earth to shake and spiritual wars to be won. “Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.” Luke 10:19 ESV
- Jehovah-Raah, my shepherd, thank you for keeping my spirit clean and guiding me away from wolves and unclean spirits that seek to harm me. (1 Corinthians 3:16; 1 Corinthians 3:16)
- I boldly declare that you are God and you have purposed my life for light and not darkness. I will grab hold of my authority. I will believe that you have set me free and you have the power to set others free. “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” 2 Timothy 1:7
- Jehovah Mekoddishkem, you sanctify me and cleanse me. Thank you that I have been made new by the renewing word of your Gospel. I love you and embrace my position in Heaven as eternal. “To put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.” (Ephesians 4:22-24)
- O’ Lord, open my eyes to what is happening within me. You said that the heart is wicked and you search it. Reveal to my soul O’ Lord, so I can be cleansed. I thank you because your light in my life is breaking every connection I have with darkness. “To open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.” Acts 26:1
- I denounce every lie that I have believed about you God. You are a good father and you don’t change your mind. Every promise in the Bible is so and I will believe it with all my heart. “[The devil] was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.” John 8:44
- I rejoice in your abundance God. You have give me everything to live a faith-filled and godly life. I will not let anyone or any thought convince me otherwise. “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” John 10:10
- I thank you that you have given me the power to defeat every evil and dark plan from Satan. I’m rejoicing because the kingdom of darkness will not prevail. You will get the victory O’ Lord! “Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.” Luke 10:19
Related Article: 75 Spiritual Warfare Prayer Points + Bible Verses!
Warfare Prayers for Deliverance from Spiritual Attacks
Every curse and attack from Satan has been defeated by God. The truth is, sometimes he just wants you to fear. Fear is an open door for Satan to work in your life. Drop the fear and pick up faith. If God is for you, who can stand against you? “No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall confute every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their vindication from me, declares the Lord.” Isaiah 54:17
- Demonic Attacks: Father, I thank you that you protect me and guard me from all satanic influences. I thank you that no darkness can touch me. I rebuke the enemies’ plot to hurt me with people, dreams, situations, financial lack, health issues, and everything that is a distraction. I will submit myself to you O’Lord because your promises are true and you will protect me! “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7
- Curses: In the name of Jesus, I am untouchable in the spiritual. No curse, witchcraft power, familiar spirit, or demonic plot against my life can prosper. O’God, your authority is supreme and I don’t need to be afraid because you love me. “No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall confute every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their vindication from me, declares the Lord.” Isaiah 54:17
- Communication Issues: I rejoice because you’re removing spirits that twist understanding and bring communication issues. Lord make me slow to speak, so that I can recognize spirits of pride and other fleshly activity within others and myself. I know that through discernment, I can move skillfully with you to defeat satan’s plots! “Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.” James 1:19-20
- Temptation: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! I can conquer every challenge sent to steal my faith. I am being revealed as an unstoppable child of God that can endure any trial with faith and patience. I am who you say I am God — A conquerer! “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13
- Family: Abba father, I submit my family to your protection. I ask that you would remove them from the path of destruction and move them into salvation. I trust you Abba to do a wonderful work in their lives. “They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” (Acts 16:31)
- Financial Breakthrough: Papa in heaven, protect me from the financial weight of hard times. I ask for financial freedom and the ability to trust in you. Thank you for going ahead and preparing the job of my desire where I can have good success. In your timing, I believe you will provide me with profitable job, so I can bless others and take care of my everyday needs. As I wait, help me to trust that you will provide and protect me from following quick schemes to make quick cash.
- Protection: I will rest in the shadow of the almighty. In your protect the angel of the Lord will protect me. Though I walk through valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because you are with me all the days of my life. You keep me in perfect health O’ Lord and remove any threat from the spirit of infirmity. I trust you God!
- Generational Curse: Heavenly father, help me to break agreement with bad habits that have been passed down from my generational line. I want to have a healthy spiritual life. Thank you for setting me free and helping my to be a curse breaker and earth shaker! I will live to see your victory O’ Lord!
- Soul Ties: Father, highlight the presence of idolatry in my life and any connection I have to darkness. If I’ve made any evil covenant with a spirit husband, I ask that you would break that connection O’ Lord. I trust that I am free in Jesus Christ and I will walk with confidence that I am a child of the Light.
- Strange Dream: Thank you for the gift of dreaming God. I ask that you would protect my mind and help me to interpret my dreams. Thank you that there is no fear in you and I can confidently hope in your goodness.
Related Article: 3 Tips to Break Toxic Generational Patterns NOW!
What is the biblical definition of deliverance?
Deliverance is the act of “setting someone free” from anything that keeps them trapped in sin, darkness, disease, and turmoil. Essentially, Christ died to “…set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.” (Galatians 5:1) The most common mistake most make with deliverance is believing they have to do impossible fasts and prayers to be set free. The only thing needed for true deliverance is pursuing righteousness and FAITH that Jesus Christ’s blood was enough to cleanse you.
What does it mean when someone needs deliverance?
Individuals need deliverance when they struggle with sin and any patterns that continuously causes problems within their lives. In the Bible, we see the story of a couple people that needed to be set free for different reasons:
- They brought to Him all those who were afflicted, those suffering from various diseases and intense pains, the demon-possessed, the epileptics, and the paralytics. And He healed them. (Matthew 4:24)
- When evening came, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. He drove out the spirits with a word and healed all who were sick. (Matthew 8:16)
- Just as they were going out, a demon-possessed man who was unable to speak was brought to Him. When the demon had been driven out, the man spoke. (Matthew 9:32-33)
Read More: Understanding Deliverance in Jesus’ Ministry
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you pray against strongholds? You pray and fast in faith. You must truly believe that Christ has died to set you free. Also, you can seek a healing ministry that will help you identify the cause of recurring patterns in your life. I can help you see you pinpoint areas of struggle when you sign up for free empowerment coaching!
How do you get a miracle through prayer? The secret to powerful prayer is submitting to the will of God in your life. As he perfect you, he leads you to pray as he wants. He will also help you to boldly declare what he has already given you (salvation, purification, righteousness, and fruits of the spirit). You can read these four secrets to powerful prayers that get answered for more information!
What is the God’s prayer? “Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” Matthew 6:19-23 Here is an article that further explains praying for new believers.
Do Christians use anything to help them pray? Yes, the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit within us prays for things that we aren’t aware of. The Bible says, “the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.” (Romans 8:26) Here is an article that further explains praying for new believers.
What is inner healing in the Bible? Inner healing is simply renewing your mind to believe what the Bible says. As you believe, you allow more access in your heart and mind for God to clear away pain, depression, sadness, pride, and anything thought that opposes God.
Related Article: 5 Prayers for Deliverance from Narcissism
What is the meaning of deliverance prayer? A deliverance prayer is meant to loose everything that hinders Godly growth and belief. Many times we get stuck in patterns because we don’t realize God already set us free through Jesus Christ. Therefore, the prayers are also a bold declaration of God’s goodness.
How do I pray to clear my mind? You can do it simply by asking: “God would you bring stillness to my mind. Would you help me to feel the rest of the Lord. Thank you father because I desire to have a mind that is focused on the heavenly and not the earthly. You are good O’ Lord.” Then it’s important to take other practical steps to defeat fleshly thoughts that seek to harm you internally.
I am a minister who strayed for a long time I am in ministry recovery. I need deliverance of a few things n most grateful ? for all the prayers I can get…THANK YOU FOR YOUR BEAUTIFUL WORK GODBLESS
Wow! Thank you for your comment, it truly blessed me 🙂 Feel free to sign up for a coaching session, so we can discuss your recovery!!