62 Prayer Points for ThanksGiving + Scriptures!
Table of Contents
I love Psalms 100 because it encourages us to enter into God’s presence with a thankful heart while declaring praises! This scripture reminds me that God finds it beautiful when we are grateful, appreciative, thankful, and satisfied by His work in our lives.
"Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations." Psalm 100:1-5
There is so much to be thankful for in life. God withholds no good thing from us. But, unfortunately we don’t always remember that. We often forget how good our Heavenly Father is when things get tough and we are in pain. And forgetting God’s goodness has very real consequences.
In the story of Moses, God delivered the Israelites from the abuse of the Egyptian Pharaoh. After the exodus, so many people were in awe of God’s power, even some Egyptians joined the Israelites on the journey through the desert in search of the promise land. While on this journey, they encountered different problems which caused them to grow impatient, ungrateful, and distrustful of God’s ability to help them. Then they turned to false idols, jealousy, greed, and disobedience because they were not able to remain thankful and trust in God during difficult moments.
What does the Bible say about thankfulness?
The Bible says that we should make it a constant effort to remember God, His goodness, and His miraculous works. King Solomon was the wisest man on Earth, and He knew that continually praising and thanking God was the key to a successful life.
"Three times a year Solomon used to offer up burnt offerings and peace offerings on the altar that he built to the Lord, making offerings with it before the Lord." 1 Kings 9:25
Are you going through a season where you feel you’re in a blazing hot desert (like the Israelites) and the promise land is far away? Is everything going wrong? Or maybe you’re in a good season and you’re reaping the promises of God in your life. It doesn’t matter. Making it a habit to thank God trains your brain to think positively and trust God in the highs and lows of life.
Related Article: 75 Spiritual Warfare Prayer Points + Bible Verses!
2022 ThanksGiving Prayer Points
After COVID-19, so much has happened in the world. However, you’re still alive and God has so much purpose for you! So, in 2022, the focus of our thanksgiving prayers should be learning to remain peaceful and content even in the middle of storms.
- I am thankful that I can trust you with my life God because you are the promise keeper that never goes back on your word. “God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?” Numbers 23:19
- Father, I believe that you have been such a good father to me and you are worthy of the highest praises. “Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!” Psalm 100:4
- Please help me to remember all the good that you have bestowed on me this year and be thankful for the least of it. “I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.” Psalm 9:1
- Abba, I need your strength to continuously praise you despite the trials, struggles, and obstacles in life. “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- I rebuke any root of bitterness and ungratefulness, that might try to poison the purity of my heart. “Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.” Colossians 4:2
- Abba, help me to rest in your promise that you are a good father that won’t let me down. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” Philippians 4:6
- God thank you for giving me an abundance of peace to center me during difficult storms. “And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.” Colossians 3:15
- I shall praise Jehovah Jireh, for He is my provider, and I’m thankful that He withholds no good thing from my life. “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.” James 1:17
- Lord, please purify my heart to be a blessing to the people around me, so they can see your goodness through me. “You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God.” 2 Corinthians 9:11
- O’ Lord, help me to love you and praise you despite the tears and obstacles in my way. “Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High.” Psalm 50:14
Praise Prayer Points
Praise and thanksgiving prayer points are just a focused and effective way for Christians to continue thanking God daily. He is beyond worthy of your praises.
- I will sing praises to Jehovah-Rophe, for He is the God who patiently pursued me while I was still in sin. “Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!” Psalm 106:1
- Abba, purify my heart so I can do all things for your glory and help your kingdom to come. “And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Colossians 3:17
- Father, help me to see how much you love me, so I can sing even louder praises of thankfulness. “Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!” Psalm 107:1
- We thank you for the victory Jehovah-Nissi, we raise your banner in conquest for the world to see that you fight our battles and get the victory. “I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving” Psalm 69:30
- I praise and thank you Father for helping me to trust your guidance and promise that you’ll help me overcome all obstacles. “The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.” Psalm 28:7
- Father, your love reign supremes on this earth and I thank you that it destroys every evil workings of the enemy. “But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Corinthians 15:57
- Abba, you are in control and I thank you for being a faithful shepherd of your sheep. “I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High.” Psalm 7:17
- I pray that you give me opportunities to share my testimony and give me holy promptings to share your goodness to the world. “Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!” 1 Chronicles 16:8
Lord Almighty, thank you for sharing your wisdom with me in dreams, visions, prophetic words, and through the Bible. "To you, O God of my fathers, I give thanks and praise, for you have given me wisdom and might, and have now made known to me what we asked of you, for you have made known to us the king's matter.” Daniel 2:23
Related Article: 55 Powerful Protection Prayer Points + Scriptures!
ThanksGiving Prayer Points for Others
- Abba, I thank you for offering salvation and eternal life to the ones that choose to accept Christ as their saviors. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
- I praise you Jehovah-M’Kaddesh, the God whom sanctifies, for purifying the body and bringing others into the cleansing blood of Jesus Christ. “Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye HOLY: for I am the Lord your God. And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am the Lord which sanctify you.” Leviticus 20:7-8
- I thank you God for being a promise keeper, that doesn’t stop working behind the scenes to bring all children into the Kingdom. “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9
- I praise you Lord that your mercy isn’t for a select few, but it’s for the entire world despite the level of their sins. “For it is all for your sake, so that as grace extends to more and more people it may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God.” 2 Corinthians 4:15
- Eternal father, I pray that the body of Christ would remain in you and continue to be thankful for your goodness. “Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.” Colossians 2:6-7
- We thank you God for wise leaders that are guiding the body into maturity and unity. “We ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers, as is right, because your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing.” 2 Thessalonians 1:3
- Lord, we thank you for the strength to continue praying and lifting up the needs of the body in faith. “First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people,” 1 Timothy 2:1
- Thank you for keeping others in your peace and bestowing blessings into their lives father. “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.” Numbers 6:24-26
Prayer Points for the Nation
- Lord, we thank you for turning men from their ignorant ways and guiding them into the truth of the Gospel. “For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.” Romans 1:21
- You are God almighty, you give wisdom to the nations and help them discern your ways. We thank you for your guidance. “To you, O God of my fathers, I give thanks and praise, for you have given me wisdom and might, and have now made known to me what we asked of you, for you have made known to us the king’s matter.” Daniel 2:23
- Lord, I pray that the saints all over the world would make your name famous and encourage others to join the faith. “First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is proclaimed in all the world.” Romans 1:8
- Father, I pray that you multiply your saint’s finances and supplies so they can feed the world with physical and spiritual nourishment. “Jesus then took the loaves, and when he had given thanks, he distributed them to those who were seated. So also the fish, as much as they wanted.” John 6:11
- I pray for the missionaries that are spread across the world and I ask that they would see the reward of their selfless dedication to the Gospel. “The Lord repay you for what you have done, and a full reward be given you by the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge!” Ruth 2:12
- Lord, I pray the nations would bow at your feet and thank you for all you did at the cross. “And he fell on his face at Jesus’ feet, giving him thanks.” Luke 17:16
- Abba, I thank you that you are omnipresent and able to orchestrate a plan to bring the entire world into salvation, your peace and joy. “The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.” Zephaniah 3:17
- I am thankful that you see the heart of man and provide a way for him to access your righteousness through the blood of Christ. “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
- Father, help us to be righteous ambassadors that can rightly represent your love, truth, justice, and mercy on this earth. “And you will say in that day: “Give thanks to the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted. “Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth.” Isaiah 12:4-5
- Father, I repent on behalf of the nations for worshipping false gods. I ask that you open eyes to see that you are the one true God. Help your saints to partner with you to inspire others to seek you and find you. “But from there you will search again for the LORD your God. And if you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him.” Deuteronomy 4:29
Prayer Points for Family + Children
- Thank you father for keeping my family strong and leading them on the straight path of righteousness. “Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation. Selah” Psalm 68:19
- Thank you father for blessing me with my family, friends, and children. You are my supplier and I am thankful for all I have. “We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you,” Colossians 1:3
- I praise your name for cleansing my entire family with the Blood of Christ. “And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” Acts 16:311
- Abba, help my family to have unconditional love for each other. I thank you for loving the world as your family and inviting us into your endless love. “Let them thank the Lord for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of man!” Psalm 107:8
- I thank you that my children will have a submissive heart and stay in the truth of the Lord. “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.” Exodus 20:12
- Lord, I thank you for your help with my children and helping me to guide them in your biblical guidelines. “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6
- I rejoice in you Lord because I don’t have to force the truth upon my Children. You are supporting my efforts and you will show all my children your truth, so they can have an opportunity to walk with you. “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.” 3 John 1:4
Prayer Points for the Church
- Lord, I ask that you keep the intercessors burning with passion to declare your promises across this earth in prayer. “At midnight I rise to praise you, because of your righteous rules.” Psalm 119:62
- Abba, let a love and thankfulness spring up in the body as they worship your holy name. “Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever! Let Israel say, “His steadfast love endures forever.” Let the house of Aaron say, “His steadfast love endures forever.” Let those who fear the Lord say, “His steadfast love endures forever.” Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free.” Psalm 118:1-18
- I pray that you continue to protect the body from all evil and help your congregation unite and worship your name. “I will thank you in the great congregation; in the mighty throng I will praise you.” Psalm 35:18
- Father, I thank you that the body of Christ doesn’t need to be led astray by the devils temptations because you can provide for all their needs. “Let them thank the Lord for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of man! For he satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things.” Psalm 107:8-9
- I pray that testimonies of your goodness would leave the four walls of the church and impact the entire world. “Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!” Psalm 105:1
- Lord, guard our mouths and our speech, so that we can sing praises instead of foolish words. “Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.” Ephesians 5:4
- Thank you for exposing hidden witchcraft and idolatry in the church. Lord help us to trust you and not turn to false Gods. “Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.” Psalm 95:1-3
- We thank you for blessing and strengthening all the laborers to gain the perseverance they need to continue in spreading the Gospel. “I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.” Philippians 1:3-5
- Jehovah Rapha, our healer, thank you for healing the spiritual and physical bodies of your children. “Of David. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” Psalm 103:1-5
- We declare that your are capable of anything Lord, you are Almighty, all powerful, and we submit to your mighty hand. “Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints, and give thanks to his holy name.” Psalm 30:4
- I thank you for my fellow believers that are doing wonderful works across this earth. Lord, empower them and give them the righteousness and strength to keep bringing your kingdom to earth. “For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him,” Ephesians 1:15-17
Prayer Points for the End of the Year
- Lord, please anoint myself and the body of Christ with supernatural strength, so that we can continue in the faith. “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
- I seek to honor you father. Father, help us to complete the race with dignity, purity, and faithfulness. “An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules.” 2 Timothy 2:5
- I am thankful that you have equipped me with the strength to pray for the people around me that have hurt me. I look to Jesus’ example and thank him for his holy example of loving sinners into the kingdom. “Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.” Hebrews 12:3
- Abba, help me to end the race with full confidence that I did my best and I pleased you. “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” 2 Timothy 4:7
- I submit my heart you Lord, that you would continue to purify me and keep me from sin. “Watch yourselves, so that you may not lose what we have worked for, but may win a full reward.” 2 John 1:8
- Thank you Father, that you began a good work this year and you plan to finish it because you never break your promises or put your righteous children to shame. “And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” Philippians 1:6
- Abba, help me to let go of the old year and enter into the new year with hope, strength, confidence, and the joy of the Lord. “Better is the end of a thing than its beginning, and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.” Ecclesiastes 7:8
Related Article: 32 End of Year Prayer Points + Scriptures
Short Prayer of Praise
Lord God Almighty, you are consistent, constant, and unwavering. Your promises remain the same today and forever more. I thank you that you don't change your mind and the promises in the Bible are my portion. I am confident you are my shepherd that will help me find rest, peace, and refreshment to my soul. I am overjoyed that I do not have to fear evil or any plans of the enemy for You are with me; and Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. Thank you that You anoint my head with oil; and my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Amen.
How do I make thanksgiving to God?
In Psalm 100:1-5, the scripture says that thankfulness should be shown as we enter into God’s presence. So, I like to start all my prayers to God by thanking him, because I take this verse very serious while praying. There has been times when I didn’t want to pray and I didn’t believe God’s promises, but when I started to thank him for the things he has already done in my life… my whole attitude shifted.
Honestly, there is so much darkness we can focus on, but that will cause us to entertain darkness, fear, worry, anxiety, and pain. And there are a lot of things I’m waiting on which can cause me to think God doesn’t bless me. For instance, I’ve been single and celibate for 11 years. And I haven’t seen some of my prayers for the transformation and healing of others happen. And the list goes on. But, I don’t choose to focus on that. When I choose to look at what God has done, how he has blessed me, and what is going right…. my mindset and things around me shifts.
- I’m most thankful for his peace
- A family I can turn to
- A job, finances, purpose
- Emotional and physical health
- The ability to see, walk, talk
- Dreams that help me avoid dangerous situations
- God giving me the idea for this website
- Guidance and forgiveness of my own sin
What are you thankful for? You may not have all you want, but be grateful for what you do have. Recounting all the things he has done makes me realize, that God is REAL!!!! The truth is, an attitude of thankfulness reminds us that we are children to a powerful God that wishes to protect us, provide for us, guide us, and heal us. And he withholds no GOOD THING and gives us everything we need to live a holy and set apart life.
I was going through on my retreat for word of God on thanksgiving prayer points thank you for powerful words
I am so blessed that these prayer points were what you needed. Bless you Rodgers!
Thanks for this prayers
Amen! I’m so happy they blessed you 🙂
All the glory be unto our Christ Mighty Jesus for this wonderful thanksgiving prayer points. Thank you and God blessed.
Wow! Thank you for your comment, it truly blessed me 🙂 I pray much favor and blessings into your life!
Opio Anthony Vincent
Sure, l have shared it on our fellowship group and believe for impact in Christ Jesus
Oh wow! That is so nice to hear! I’m praying for your fellowship group!
God is Love
Thank you Ma’am for such inspiring prayer points. I was looking for prayer focus to end the year on a note of gratitude. You made it easier for me to do do. God bless you immensely and thank you so much once more
Wow! Thank you for your comment, it truly blessed me 🙂 I pray much favor and blessings into your life!
Great job. You are blessed and highly favored. May you continue to prosper in the things of life and in the things of God. More grace and anointing upon your life. Amen.
Wow! Thank you for your comment, it truly blessed me 🙂 I pray much favor and blessings into your life!
Christina Daniels , your praver points are what I need for all aspects of my prayers for the old order that has changed and the new order 2023 that
that has just spouted. Thank you . God bless you.
Amen! I’m blessed by your feedback!
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023.
Blessings to you in the new year!
I have foind your prayer points very helpful and interestingly they are all word-based,……putting God in remembrance of His word. Thanks
Amen! Thanks Wilbert! God is honored when we value his word 🙂