Table of Contents
2021 was filled with happy, sad, and devastating moments. We thank God for all that we have learned through it all. However, we have to press in for the newness that he has in store. Let us ask our heavenly father to help us release the heavy burdens of 2021 and enter into 2022 light, strong, and EXCITED for the newness he has in store!
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:19
On July 4th, 2021, I had an exciting dream ! In the prophetic dream the phrase, “Heap the year of rewards!” came before me. The words were surrounded by crops from a farm. I don’t think this was a word for ME. I think this was a 2022 word for US. We often pray so long about things we FORGET that God actually wants to do miracles and wonders. “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
God cares about the sick, hurting, broken, and lost. God has a plan for it all. “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9
Also, I’d like you to join me on a 31 Day Daniel Fast starting on January 1st. I fast every year on the first month as a seed offering, to remove the pain of the previous year, to cleanse my body, renew intimacy with God, and receive spiritual strategy for the New Year. You can join our facebook group where we will share encouragements, testimonies, and strategies to grow closer to God. Ready?!
Additional Prayer Points:
- 62 Prayer Points For ThanksGiving + Scriptures!
- 56 Points for Breakthrough in Every Area of Your Life
- 55 Powerful Protection Prayer Points + Scriptures
- 75 Spiritual Warfare Prayer Points + Bible Verses
- 7 Powerful Prayers to Destroy Your Enemies’ Plan
- 5 Secrets for Powerful Prayers That Get Answered
- 18 Reasons Prayer Is important + Scriptures
- How to Fast & Pray for Breakthrough
Prayer for the New Year
Related Article: 21 New Year Prayers Points + Scriptures
Lord, I thank you for what you've done in 2021. I acknowledge that you provided for me and made a way when there was no way. I thank you for teaching me and helping me to see the good even when things seemed bad. I thank you for the happy moments, the fun moments, and the very tender moments. I thank you for everyone that you've blessed me with and I ask you to protect and guide them. Today, I simply ask that you take me to the next level in my faith. I ask that you search my heart and remove imperfections that hinder our intimacy Lord. Teach me to be righteous, kind, forgiving, loving, and patient. I desire to reflect the beautiful traits of Jesus. I trust you to help mature me and make me righteous. I ask that you would bless my sisters and brothers in the faith as well. I ask that you would awaken the prayer warriors across the globe. Thank you Father that you are defeating every demonic plan for 2022 right now. Thank you that you're canceling diseases, debts, and disasters. O' Lord, I am excited because you go before us to defeat the enemy and he is fleeing as I pray. His plan is being destroyed over marriages, children, households, jobs, finances, hospitals, churches, neighborhoods, nations, and governmental system. Thank you God for the blessings and favor you have in store. Thank you for the opportunities to share the gospel and to share finances with others that have less than me. Thank you for making me more concerned with holiness and spreading the Gospel. I release selfishness. I release my wants and desires. Cleanse me of fear and pride, so I can accept your help and humble myself before your mighty throne. I accept your will Lord and I accept your higher desires for my life, this world, and my family. I trust you and I will follow you all the days of my life. I love you Abba. Amen.
Prayer Points for Release of the Old
- Father, this year has been difficult and has tested my faith. I ask that you remove any bitterness and pain that has developed. “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.” Psalm 51:10
- Abba, I will continue to bring my heart before you for I want to be righteous in your sight. I want to display the love of Christ every where I go and with every word I speak. “Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.” Proverbs 4:23
- I ask that you remove any destructive mindsets and victim mentality. I am not helpless, weak, or doomed. Heal my mind of oppression, painful memories, shame, and any carnal thoughts. This year had challenging moments, but I will fight to believe you are good. “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” Romans 12:2
- Father, give me the strength to confront my fears. Give me the strength to give all my burdens to you. I will not run from the giants in the land, but I will courageously conquer every giant with you! “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
- Abba, remove anything that I’ve placed above you in my heart. I desire to make you my focus and you the source of my joy, love, and safety. “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” Matthew 22:37
- In 2021, I stood as firmly as I could in faith and I thank you for helping me to do so God. I ask that I would stand even more firm and with more hope and trust in your faithfulness. “Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.” 1 Corinthians 15:58
- Forgive me Father for growing impatient with you. Teach me to be patient, how to discern your ways, and understand your plans better. Help me to trust in your goodness when everything is going wrong. “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9
- You love me Father and I humbly accept your discipline. I desire to look like Jesus and although it’s hard, I trust and wholeheartedly submit to your sanctification process. “For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.” Hebrews 12:11
- Father 2021 was hard, but I thank you for giving me all I needed to be righteous. I need you papa and I’m glad that you never left my side through it all. “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13
- I rejoice Father because in 2021 you were pruning me so I could be strong. You are fortifying my mind and soul, so that I can be free from all my emotional and mental ailments. I rejoice at the thought of being sober-minded and being able to focus on kingdom matters. “For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.”
Beauty for Ashes Prayer Points for the New Year
“I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten— the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm—my great army that I sent among you. You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the Lord your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will my people be shamed. Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am the Lord your God, and that there is no other; never again will my people be shamed.” Joel 2:25-27
- Abba, I am excited to see how you take what the enemy meant for evil and you turn it for good. “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
- I thank you father because I do not labor in vain. I thank you because this is the year of rewards and you plan to bless me and my cup will runneth over. “Watch yourselves, so that you may not lose what we have worked for, but may win a full reward.” 2 John 1:8
- O’ Lord, I know that these situations are helping to strengthen my faith. Thank you that at the end of this I will be perfect and lacking in nothing. “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” James 1:2-4
- I thank you God for being a promise keeper, that doesn’t stop working behind the scenes to answer prayers according to you will and to bring all your children into the Kingdom. “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9
- Father please give me the strength to keep going. I need your strength to keep hoping for beauty instead of ashes and believing for the oil of gladness instead of mourning. I declare by faith that the atmosphere will not affect my hope, positivity, and focus. “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31
- I am thankful that I can trust you to stitch up my wounds and give me beauty for ashes Father. I know you are good despite the circumstances around me. Give me confidence that you’re willing and able to move any obstacle in my life.
- I declare that 2022 is the year of rewards for the faithful. I thank you that I will see the result of my prayers. And I thank you that I will have supernatural confidence and hope that you have my back papa.
- O’ Lord, I can feel your spirit surging within me. Give me the strength to declare your word to the broken among me in 2022.
- I thank you for the broken that are coming into your kingdom. I call back the prodigals and the wayward sons. I ask that your loving mercy draws them back to you.
- I thank you that strongholds of pride, bitterness, un-forgiveness, negativity, selfishness, shame, and lust are being cancelled. I thank you that this year the saints will walk in freedom of the mind.
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; to grant to those who mourn in Zion— to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified. Isaiah 61:1-11
Related Article: Prayer Points for Answered Prayers in 2022
Standing in Faith Prayer Points
Father, I thank you that you have heard my prayers in 2021. You are not a silent God and I trust that you have considered my cries. I ask that you continue to help me believe for the impossible over my life and situation. I ask you to be my rock and my protector as I wait for your faithful hand.
Related Article: 14 Tips To Stand Firm In Faith When You’re Tired!
- I declare the year of open doors and favor. I thank you Abba for making a way when there was no way. Please guide my steps an help to direct me into the abundance you predestined for my life. “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.” John 10:27
- Abba, I rejoice because your voice is guiding me into your goodness. You speak father and I listen. I rejoice because you are my director, protector, and the lover of my soul. “And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.” Isaiah 30:21
- You are faithful God as you are the promise keeper that never goes back on your word.
- I thank you for your peace as I desire to practice self-control as I wait for you.
- Search my heart for pain and help me to forgive them OR myself for what happened.
- Remove distractions and wolves in sheep clothing from my life.
- Help me to attract the right friends and love interest.
- I thank you for breakthrough in my marriage.
- I rejoice for the breakthrough in my family.
- Lord, we thank you for turning men from their ignorant ways and guiding them into the truth of the Gospel. “For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.” Romans 1:21
- You are the God that performs the miraculous in the human body. You have given the believer faith and authority over illness. I declare that your power is strong enough to heal everything that is broken within me and around me. “Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.” Matthew 10:8
- Direct and guide me to the right connections and customers to further my financial and business success.
- I will praise you in advance for answered prayers Jehovah Jireh, my provider!
- Lord, I pray that the saints all over the world would make your name famous and encourage others to join the faith. “First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is proclaimed in all the world.” Romans 1:8
- O’ Father, I ask that you comfort the body of Christ and give us a confidence that your healing power is sufficient for all that afflicts us. “And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.” 1 John 5:14-15
- I thank you God because we do not have to worry or fear lack. I know that you will provide for the body of Christ according to your will. “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
- O’ Lord, I thank you that I hear your voice when you speak to me. I am confident that you are revealing your plans for breakthrough in my life. I rejoice because you are an ever present and loving God. “Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.” Jeremiah 33:3
Thanksgiving Points for the End of the Year
- Lord, thank you for anointing myself and the body of Christ with supernatural strength, so that we can continue in the faith. “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
- I seek to honor you father. Father, thank you for helping us to complete the race with dignity, purity, and faithfulness. “An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules.” 2 Timothy 2:5
- I am thankful that you have equipped me with the strength to pray for the people around me that have hurt me. I look to Jesus’ example and thank him for his holy example of loving sinners into the kingdom. “Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.” Hebrews 12:3
- Abba, thank you for helping me to end the race with full confidence that I did my best and I pleased you. “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” 2 Timothy 4:7
- Thank you Father, that you began a good work this year and you plan to finish it because you never break your promises or put your righteous children to shame. “And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” Philippians 1:6
- Abba, thank you for helping me to let go of the old year and enter into the new year with hope, strength, confidence, and the joy of the Lord. “Better is the end of a thing than its beginning, and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.” Ecclesiastes 7:8