Humans are temperamental and moody. Our emotions can change within a second. When our emotions change we tend to change how we behave and what we believe as well. God knew that he gave humanity the gift of emotions and he understand the strengths and weaknesses of hormones.
Therefore, he gave us something that doesn’t change – The Word. He knew that we would need an unwavering guide to seek God and understand His ways, so he created the Bible. The Bible makes it very clear that: “God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?” Numbers 23:19
You’re probably reading this because you’re scared, anxious, confused, and tired of waiting for God to act… I’ve been there too. I suggest reading the scriptures below and then writing them in your journal with your opinion about them. Then, listening to bible verse mediations to let the scriptures sink into your mind and spirit. Do NOT pay attention to your mood at the moment and just keep feeding yourself the word because the dark cloud will pass if you keep focusing on the light!
“It is just as the Scripture says: “Anyone who believes in Him will never be put to shame.” Romans 10:11 Related Article: God Won’t Break 10 Promises Listed in Scripture!
13 Steps to Have Faith In God Completely:
These 13 tips based on scripture will teach you how to have more faith in God. I hope that you stay strong in your difficult situation. God promises that those whom delight in him shall receive the desires of their heart. So, keep delighting in him my beautiful sister or brother in the faith.
1. Standing on faith requires faith and BELIEVING what the Bible says. “And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.” Hebrews 11:6
2. To have more faith in God you must read the Bible. “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.” Romans 10:17
3. You will need to ask God to remove doubt so that you can stand fast in the faith. “And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” Mark 11:22-24
4. Ask God for his wisdom and do not try to make things happen in your own strength. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6
Related Article: Want Victory In Jesus? 7 Tips based on Bible Verses!
5. God doesn’t always do things when we want or how we want. Ask him for wisdom to see what his plan is in the situation. “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.” James 1:5-8
What kind of prayers does God answer? Don’t focus on what you want, focus on learning what God wants in your difficult situation. You can understand what prayers God answers by reading: 5 Secrets for Powerful Prayers That Get Answered!
6. God will give us the strength to keep believing if we read the word and call on him. “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
7. You can’t be stand firm in faith and be cruel to people. Believing in God means obeying His commandment to love your neighbor as yourself. “So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13:13
8. When spiritual attacks come stand firm on the word of God. The enemy will try to tell you lies, but the Bible will repeat the truth to you. “In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;” Ephesians 6:16
9. Get back up and fight. Don’t focus on negative and what has gone wrong. Rebuke the spirit that makes you feel that everything is hopeless. “…and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance…” Ephesians 6:17-18
10. God wants to strengthen our ability to believe in what the Bible says about him during hard times! “For you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.” James 1:3
11. While you wait, God wants you to have peace so please Do Not FEAR: follow these 6 Secrets to Overcome Spirit of Fear!
12. God may have you wait. Read the 6 reasons waiting is a method to prepare you for greatness and/or holiness!
13. When you grow tired of waiting God will renew your strength. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” Matthew 11:28
While you wait, pray, and read do not fear. Learn to live in God’s peace. Remember, you are doing all of this to love God and trust him more… You are not working hard to get him to do what you what.
And when you’ve done everything you can to have strong faith mimic Paul: “Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.” Ephesians 6:13
Abraham’s Bible Story of Standing Firm in Faith
God told Abraham that he would produce a son in his older age with his barren wife Sarah. While God doesn’t give such clear instructions individually, He gives very CLEAR promises and blessings to EVERYONE in the Bible.
Remember, Abraham “did not weaken in faith when he considered his own body, which was as good as dead (since he was about a hundred years old), or when he considered the barrenness of Sarah’s womb. 20 No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God,21 fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. 22 That is why his faith was “counted to him as righteousness.” 23 But the words “it was counted to him” were not written for his sake alone, 24 but for ours also. It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord, 25 who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.” Romans 4:19-25
Related Article: 5 Secrets for Powerful Prayers That Get Answered!
You don’t have to do anything to EARN God’s love or for him to answer your prayer. Just sit tight, keep reading and training your mind to know that God loves you and wants to work everything out for his good. However, sometimes His plans are seem slower and not loving to the human brain. But, he is the master builder. He puts EVERYTHING together and desires to save every soul.