The meaning of “stand firm” is to follow God despite your emotions or the bad situations infront of you. The issues of life and the enemy’s attack will try to knock you down and it’s imperative that you stand firm in our faith.
Humans are temperamental and moody. Our emotions can change within a second. When our emotions change we tend to change how we behave and what we believe as well. God knew that he gave humanity the gift of emotions and he understands the strengths and weaknesses of hormones.
Therefore, he gave us something that doesn’t change – The Word. He knew that we would need an unwavering guide to seek God and understand His ways, so he created the Bible. The Bible makes it very clear that: “God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?” Numbers 23:19
You’re probably reading this because you’re scared, anxious, confused, and tired of waiting for God to act… I’ve been there too. I suggest reading the scriptures below and then writing them in your journal with your opinion about them. Then, listening to bible verse mediations to let the scriptures sink into your mind and spirit. Do NOT pay attention to your mood at the moment and keep feeding yourself the word because the dark cloud will pass if you keep focusing on the light!
“It is just as the Scripture says: “Anyone who believes in Him will never be put to shame.” Romans 10:11 Related Article: God Won’t Break 10 Promises Listed in Scripture!
14 Tips to Have Faith In God Completely:
These 14 tips based on stand firm scripture will teach you how to have more faith in God. I hope that you stay strong in your difficult situation. God promises that those whom delight in him shall receive the desires of their heart. So, keep delighting in him my beautiful friend.
1. Standing on faith requires faith and BELIEVING what the Bible says. “And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.” Hebrews 11:6
2. Submit To God’s Plan. On your faith journey there will be moments when it feels like God is mean or He has forsaken you. You may question his love for you. Or, you might try to take matters into your own hand because you don’t trust him. God is like a well skilled manager at your job. Sometimes only the manager can see all the problems with the companies, the workers, and finances. They aren’t able to tell you everything because it’s important to protect everyone’s privacy, you might not understand, and it would overwhelm you because it isn’t your role. At a job, we have to trust the manager that we are doing what is BEST for the company.
This is what our walk with God needs to look like too. There have been times I wanted to date and I would have a dream the person isn’t for me. I’ve been single for 10 year… So, I’ve wanted to be mad at God or take thing in my own hands. But, he knows what he is doing. It doesn’t matter how long you are struggling… God NEVER forsakes you and his plan doesn’t change for you because it feels distinct. But, it’s according to HIS timing and HIS plan for things to happen, not ours.
”Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6
3. To have more faith in God you must read the Bible. “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.” Romans 10:17
4. You will need to ask God to remove doubt, so that you can stand fast in the faith. “And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” Mark 11:22-24
5. Ask God for his wisdom and do not try to make things happen in your own strength. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6
Related Article: Want Victory In Jesus? 7 Tips based on Bible Verses!
6. God doesn’t always do things when we want or how we want. Ask him for wisdom to see what his plan is in the situation. “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.” James 1:5-8
What kind of prayers does God answer? God answers prayers that are according to his will, requested by the righteous, and demonstrates his love and power. Don’t focus on what you want, focus on learning what God wants in your difficult situation. You can understand what prayers God answers by reading: 5 Secrets for Powerful Prayers That Get Answered!
7. God will give us the strength to keep believing if we read the word and call on him. “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
8. You can’t stand firm in faith and be cruel to people. Believing in God means obeying His commandment to love your neighbor as yourself. “So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13:13
9. When spiritual attacks come stand firm on the word of God. The enemy will try to tell you lies, but the Bible will repeat the truth to you. “In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;” Ephesians 6:16
10. Get back up and fight. Don’t focus on the negatives and what has gone wrong. Rebuke the spirit that makes you feel that everything is hopeless. “…and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance…” Ephesians 6:17-18
11. God wants to strengthen our ability to believe in what the Bible says about him during hard times! Try to avoid believing false theology and human logic. Someone once told me that I shouldn’t fully trust what I hear God saying because there is so much room to be wrong. And they said I should do what I think is right and let God stop me if I’m wrong. There was so much wisdom in their speech, but the wiser thing to do would be seek counsel and pray for confirmations to see if what I heard was from God. If it was, then I needed to stand on faith. But the key here is SEEK counsel because you don’t want to stand in faith for something that God NEVER promised. Either way, seeking God’s will makes us stronger and helps us to understand what God is saying about each situation. “For you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.” James 1:3
12. While you wait, God wants you to have peace so please Do Not FEAR: follow these 6 Secrets to Overcome Spirit of Fear!
13. God is working as fast as he can, but there are more puzzle pieces that need to be put in place for you to see the full picture of why things felt so slow. Read the 6 reasons waiting prepares you for greatness and/or holiness! “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9
14. When you grow tired of waiting God will renew your strength. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” Matthew 11:28
While you wait you should pray, read, and do not fear. Learn to live in God’s peace. Remember, you are doing all of this to love God and trust him more… You are not working hard to get him to do what you what.
And when you’ve done everything you can to have strong faith mimic Paul: “Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.” Ephesians 6:13
Abraham’s Bible Story of Standing Firm in Faith
God told Abraham that he would produce a son in his older age with his barren wife Sarah. God still gives such clear direction if you seek it. If you have not experienced such clear direction from God individually, just know that He gives very CLEAR promises and blessings to EVERYONE in the Bible.
Remember, Abraham “did not weaken in faith when he considered his own body, which was as good as dead (since he was about a hundred years old), or when he considered the barrenness of Sarah’s womb. 20 No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God,21 fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. 22 That is why his faith was “counted to him as righteousness.” 23 But the words “it was counted to him” were not written for his sake alone, 24 but for ours also. It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord, 25 who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.” Romans 4:19-25
Related Article: 5 Secrets for Powerful Prayers That Get Answered!
You don’t have to do anything to EARN God’s love or for him to answer your prayer. Just sit tight, keep reading and training your mind to know that God loves you and wants to work everything out for his good. However, sometimes His plans seem slow which can cause us to see God as unkind and unloving to the human mind. But wait for it, he is the masterpiece builder. He puts EVERYTHING together and desires to save every soul.