Table of Contents
As an Ambassador for Christ it is your duty to display the love, forgiveness, patience, righteousness, and power of God’s Kingdom on the earth.
When you accept Jesus, God starts the process of healing your broken emotions, removing negative thinking, breaking generational patterns, and helping you to abide in the spirit. Believers that undergo this transformation can POWERFULLY display the benefits of salvation, the holy spirit and the result of holy intimacy.
You are a walking testimony of God's goodness. You are his marketing strategy!
The Apostle Paul started off as a self-righteous Jew that murdered Christians. Unfortunately, He was promoting the will of Satan because he was blinded by pride. After an encounter with Jesus, he became aware of his sin and repented. God forgave him, healed him, and set him on a mission to spread the Gospel. His radical transformation was a sign of God’s power to all.
Ultimately, an Ambassador In Christ proclaims the Gospel to set captives free from Satan’s grasp. Therefore, we should imitate Paul because He teaches us how to be like Christ. Then, we’ll have the power and humility be messengers of God’s Kingdom.
Related Article: How To Set Captives Free: 6 Biblical Tips To Purity!
How do you become an ambassador?
- Receive Salvation: Accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior. “Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3
- Transform Your Mind: Renewing your mind and emotions are important to experience Holy thoughts and receive divine revelation from God. Release the orphan spirit and accept your position as a son or daughter of God.
- Purify Your Heart: Become more holy (dying to selfishness) and rid yourself of pride, legalism, and pharisee behavior: “For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 5:10
- Get To Know God Intimately: Learn to hear God, speak to God, understand his word, and listen to His plans for the earth just like Jesus. It’s imperative you learn God’s goodness and character, so you can combat the constant lies that the enemy tries to slander God with.
- Identify your calling: You need to understand what avenue God has designed for your to spread the Gospel. Everyone is called to carry the characteristics of an ambassador, but everyone isn’t called to demonstrate them in the same way. For instance, I am called to teach others how to demonstrate the characteristics of Christ. I research the Bible and learn from Holy Spirit how to equip the body. I also help others escape the trap of sin and live holy lives. Your pathway to show the love of God can be completely different.
- Transform the World: Be the light of love in a dark and hateful world. Choose to forgive, love, show mercy, be patient, and remain righteous. Then, your righteousness will shine for everyone to see. Remember, you are God’s marketing tool. Your life will convince others that holiness is worth it!
An unstoppable ambassador knows they’re a child of a King, knows how to access the peace during the most difficult moments in life, pursues stable emotional health, has been pruned by the spirit, submits to the disciplining of the Lord, and hears the father clearly.
If you admit you are weak, God will replace all your fears, weaknesses, and insecurities with a solid foundation of his love. Then, you’ll be like Jesus on the boat relaxing during a storm. The truth is, the enemy can cause a storm, but you can tap into God’s true peace to conquer any situation. With God, you are literally unstoppable.
“Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe,” Hebrews 12:28
What does ambassador mean?
As a Christian, an ambassador is “someone that is sent as a messenger of God.“ You are not from this earth, but you an Ambassador representing God’s Country. God has chosen you to be his representative because you seek to live a life that testifies of the goodness of God to all.
According to Oxford Languages definition, ambassador means, “an accredited diplomat sent by a country as its official representative to a foreign country” AND “a person who acts as a representative or promoter of a specified activity.“
The Greek word for ambassador is “presbeuo“. It translates to statesman or diplomat, an individual who goes to represent another country. The Hebrew word for ambassador is “tsir“. It translates to “the one who goes on errand.”
13 Characteristics of an Ambassador for Christ!
We have to truly be transformed from the washing of the Word and power of Christ. We can’t teach other people what we don’t know. God can use you at any stage as you grow and mature. However, the more mature you become is the more you will be a role model that shows Christ’s character with ease and confidence.
- Ambassadors can stay focused and righteous during trials and accusations
- Loves truth, justice, and mercy
- Passionate about the word of God
- Hope-FULL that God’s plan will prevail
- Believes in the power of prayer
- Selfless and focused on God’s will
- Loves themselves and knows their royal identity
- Long suffering for the Gospel
- Balanced with wisdom and compassion
- Not focused on being right
- Confident yet humble
- Healed and not ignoring internal pain
- Teachable and repentant
Related Article: 4 Tips To Let Your Light Shine & Brighten Up This Dark World!
11 Duties of an Ambassador in Christ:
- See God’s plan for earth: “Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3
- Understand how the Kingdom of God operates: “But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.” James 3:17
- Carry the Kingdom of God within you: “We are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.“ 2 Corinthians 5:20
- Put God’s Kingdom before our desires: “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33
- You are a messenger and God’s mouth piece: “Proclaiming the kingdom of God and teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ with all boldness and without hindrance.” Acts 28:31
- You have authority to destroy Satan’s plans + strongholds: “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
- Strive to be like Jesus and the disciples: “And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction.” Luke 9:2
- Rid yourself of sin: “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?” 1 Corinthians 6:9
- Endure hardships while being righteous: “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 5:10
- You must do what the Bible says: “For the kingdom of God does not consist in talk but in power.” 1 Corinthians 4:20
- You should be concerned with the destination of human souls: “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was thrown into the sea and gathered fish of every kind. When it was full, men drew it ashore and sat down and sorted the good into containers but threw away the bad. So it will be at the close of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:47-50
5 Benefits of being an Ambassador of Christ
The hard work you put in to bringing the Gospel to this earth is NOT in vain and there are many benefits.
- We gain a favorable reputation with God. “He who pursues righteousness and loving devotion finds life, righteousness, and honor.” Proverbs 21:21
- We will be rewarded in Heaven and on earth. “Let us not grow weary in well-doing, for in due time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
- We grow in intimacy with God. “For the Lord God does nothing without revealing his secret to his servants the prophets.” Amos 3:7
- God speaks and acts on behalf of the things that are happening in your lives. “Delight yourself in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalms 37:4
- A small seed that you plant can become much bigger. For instance, I’m wiritng this for you to read as a small seed. But it may be the encouragement needed for someone to become president, a doctor, a lawyer, a preacher, or more devote to Christ. Either way, I’m opening the door for God to do more through you. “And he said, “With what can we compare the kingdom of God, or what parable shall we use for it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when sown on the ground, is the smallest of all the seeds on earth, yet when it is sown it grows up and becomes larger than all the garden plants and puts out large branches, so that the birds of the air can make nests in its shade.” Mark 4:30-32
Related Article: 4 Tips To Let Your Light Shine & Brighten Up This Dark World!
What is the role an ambassador?
To be effective in bringing the Kingdom of Heaven to earth we have to do the duties of an ambassador of Christ with the spirit of excellence. Our role is key in maintaining and portraying the Gospel to non-believers and ones that have given up hope in our beautiful God.
Who is the Ambassador of Christ?
In the Bible and scriptures below, Paul is the only one who calls himself an ambassador in Christ. Despite persecution, Paul believes it is his duty to show God’s kingdom is worth dying for.
Similarly, YOU are powerful when you partner with your Father in Heaven. Together, you and him can drive out demonic forces and dark powers in high places. Yes, God wants to partner with you! He wants you to be apart of the process of bringing souls into the Kingdom, helping others to believe their Christ like identity, and teaching people about the POWER found in a Godly life:
- “Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” Matthew 6:10
- “I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.” John 15:15
What is a Christian Ambassador?
An Ambassador of God is a representative of the Kingdom of God that is tasked with modeling the behavior and power of Christ on the earth. Ambassadors are a students of God’s word, character, behavior, and desires. They learn as much as they can about God, behave like Jesus, and desire the things that God would want. Then the ambassador teaches others to live righteously and promotes the worship of God on earth.
What is the meaning of an ambassador of love and hope? Understand God’s desires are necessary to continue the work of Christ on earth. We must love God enough to hope that others will enter into the sanctifying power of Christ. An ambassador of love and hope is the greatest role model of perfect love. They have an unconditional love that always hopes for the best in people and they seek God for direction when they need strength to keep the faith. They give others a taste of real love through their kindness and they encourage others to have hope in the most difficult moments in life.
God's true ambassadors on earth promote the importance of love, mercy, forgiveness, hope, gentleness, humility, truth, long-suffering, faith, and kindness.
Ambassador of Christ Bible Verses:
1. To achieve world transformation we much strive to be perfected as expressed in this scripture: “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.“ 2 Corinthians 5:17-21
2. Ambassadors clothe themselves in the Whole Armor of God: “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.
Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.” Ephesians 6:10-20
Related Article: 75 Spiritual Warfare Prayer Points + Bible Verses!
3. Ambassadors are messengers of love and peace. Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.” Then Pilate said to him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.” John 18:36-37