As an Ambassador for Christ it is your duty to display the love, forgiveness, patience, righteousness, and power of God’s Kingdom on the earth.
When you accept Jesus, God starts the process of healing your broken emotions, removing negative thinking, breaking generational patterns, and helping you to abide in the spirit. Believers that undergo this transformation can POWERFULLY display the benefits of salvation, the holy spirit and the result of holy intimacy.
You are a walking testimony of God’s goodness. You are his marketing strategy!
The Apostle Paul as an Ambassador
The Apostle Paul began as a self-righteous Jew who murdered Christians, promoting Satan’s will due to his prideful blindness. However, after encountering Jesus, he realized his sin and repented. God forgave and healed him, assigning him the mission to spread the Gospel. His radical transformation served as a sign of God’s power to all.
As ambassadors for Christ, our mission is to proclaim the Gospel and set captives free from Satan’s grasp as well. We must follow in Paul’s footsteps by humbling ourselves before God, repenting of our sins, and allowing Him to transform us from the inside out. Through faith and obedience, we become effective messengers of God’s Kingdom, empowered by the Holy Spirit to spread the message of salvation and freedom.
Paul’s story reminds us that God’s grace is available to all who seek Him. As we submit ourselves to His will, we can proclaim the Gospel with power and set others free from the bondage of sin. May we imitate Paul’s example of faith and obedience, and boldly proclaim the message of salvation to a world in need.
Related Article: How To Set Captives Free: 6 Biblical Tips To Purity!
How do you become an ambassador?
- Receive Salvation: Accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior is the first step in experiencing the grace and love of God. Jesus said, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God” (John 3:3).
- Transform Your Mind: Renewing your mind and emotions are essential to experiencing Holy thoughts and receiving divine revelation from God. Release the orphan spirit and accept your position as a son or daughter of God. Paul wrote, “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect” (Romans 12:2).
- Purify Your Heart: Become more holy by dying to selfishness and ridding yourself of pride, legalism, and pharisee behavior. Jesus said, “For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:10).
- Get to Know God Intimately: Learning to hear God, speak to God, understand His Word, and listen to His plans for the earth is critical for growing in your faith. Knowing God’s goodness and character will help you combat the lies that the enemy tries to spread about Him. Jesus promised, “The Spirit of truth…lives with you and will be in you” (John 14:17).
- Identify Your Calling: Discovering the unique way that God has designed for you to serve Him is crucial. You may be called to carry the characteristics of an ambassador in different ways than others. It’s essential to explore how God has gifted and equipped you to spread the Gospel. Peter wrote, “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms” (1 Peter 4:10).
- Transform the World: Be a light of love in a dark and hateful world. Choose to forgive, love, show mercy, be patient, and remain righteous. As you live a holy life, your righteousness will shine for everyone to see. Remember, you are God’s marketing tool, and your life can convince others that holiness is worth it. Jesus said, “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden” (Matthew 5:14).
An Unstoppable Ambassador
An unstoppable ambassador is someone who recognizes their identity as a child of God, understands how to access God’s peace during difficult moments, pursues emotional stability, allows themselves to be refined by the Holy Spirit, submits to God’s discipline, and has the ability to hear God’s voice clearly.
When you acknowledge your weaknesses and vulnerabilities, God can replace them with a strong foundation of His love. This allows you to be like Jesus, who was able to rest peacefully during a storm. Although the enemy may bring chaos, you can tap into God’s true peace to overcome any situation. With God, you become truly unstoppable.
“Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe,” Hebrews 12:28
What does ambassador mean?
As a Christian, an ambassador is “someone that is sent as a messenger of God.“ You are not from this earth, but you an Ambassador representing God’s Country. God has chosen you to be his representative because you seek to live a life that testifies of the goodness of God to all.
According to Oxford Languages definition, ambassador means, “an accredited diplomat sent by a country as its official representative to a foreign country” AND “a person who acts as a representative or promoter of a specified activity.“
The Greek word for ambassador is “presbeuo“. It translates to statesman or diplomat, an individual who goes to represent another country. The Hebrew word for ambassador is “tsir“. It translates to “the one who goes on errand.”
13 Characteristics of an Ambassador for Christ!
To effectively teach and model Christ’s character to others, we must first allow ourselves to be transformed by the power of Christ and the washing of His Word. As we grow and mature in our faith, we can become better role models for others and demonstrate Christ’s character with ease and confidence.
While God can use us at any stage of our spiritual journey, it is important to prioritize our own growth and transformation so that we can effectively lead and serve others. By prioritizing our relationship with God and allowing Him to work in and through us, we can become powerful ambassadors for Christ that display His love and grace.
- Stays focused and righteous during trials and accusations: Ambassadors for Christ understand that persecution is inevitable, and they rely on their faith to stay steadfast and maintain righteousness in the face of adversity.
- Loves truth, justice, and mercy: Ambassadors for Christ have a deep love for what is true, just, and merciful. They understand that these qualities reflect God’s character and that upholding them is crucial to spreading the Gospel.
- Passionate about the word of God: Ambassadors for Christ have a passion for studying and applying the Word of God to their lives. They understand that the Bible is the foundation of their faith and that it provides guidance and wisdom for all aspects of life.
- Hope-FULL that God’s plan will prevail: Ambassadors for Christ have an unwavering hope that God’s plan will ultimately prevail, despite any temporary setbacks or hardships.
- Believes in the power of prayer: Ambassadors for Christ understand the power of prayer and prioritize it as a crucial tool for their ministry. They know that prayer is a direct line of communication with God and that it can bring about supernatural transformation.
- Selfless and focused on God’s will: Ambassadors for Christ prioritize God’s will above their own desires and preferences. They understand that true success comes from aligning themselves with God’s plans rather than pursuing their own goals.
- Loves themselves and knows their royal identity: Ambassadors for Christ understand that they are children of God and have a deep love for themselves as a result. They know that their identity is not defined by their accomplishments or failures but by their relationship with God.
- Long-suffering for the Gospel: Ambassadors for Christ are willing to endure long periods of difficulty and hardship in order to share the Gospel with others. They understand that true impact often requires persistence and perseverance.
- Balanced with wisdom and compassion: Ambassadors for Christ understand the importance of balancing wisdom and compassion in their ministry. They know that speaking the truth in love is crucial to effectively sharing the Gospel with others.
- Not focused on being right: Ambassadors for Christ prioritize relationships over being “right.” They understand that their role is not to win arguments but to demonstrate the love and grace of Christ to others.
- Confident yet humble: Ambassadors for Christ are confident in their identity and mission but remain humble in their approach to ministry. They understand that true influence comes from serving others and lifting them up.
- Addresses their internal pain: Ambassadors for Christ do not ignore their internal pain but instead address it with honesty and vulnerability. They understand that true healing comes from confronting and working through past hurts and traumas.
- Teachable and repentant: Ambassadors for Christ remain teachable and repentant, constantly seeking to grow and improve in their faith and ministry. They understand that they are not perfect and that there is always room for growth and transformation.
Related Article: 4 Tips To Let Your Light Shine & Brighten Up This Dark World!
11 Duties of an Ambassador in Christ:
As a believer, you are a warrior, called to fight against the darkness in the world. You have the opportunity, just like Jesus, to defeat the darkness by displaying the fruits of the Spirit. Your righteousness can stop Satan’s plan to steal souls and help restore people back to the loving God who cares for them deeply.
The Bible says, “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world” (1 John 4:4). So, take heart and be encouraged that through the power of God in you, you can be victorious in this battle against darkness.
- See God’s plan for earth: As an born again ambassador, God will reveals his strategies to you because you are righteous and willing to follow his lead. “Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3
- Understand how the Kingdom of God operates: The Kingdom of God operates differently from the world, and therefore, you may find yourself in situations where humility, death, and self-denial lead to victory in the midst of life’s difficulties, just as Jesus did. “But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.” (James 3:17)
- Carry the Kingdom of God within you: The Holy Spirit lives within you and you have the power to bring God into every atmosphere and powerfully demonstrate the love of God. “We are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.“ 2 Corinthians 5:20
- Put God’s Kingdom before our desires: Ambas”But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33
- You are a messenger and God’s mouth piece: “Proclaiming the kingdom of God and teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ with all boldness and without hindrance.” Acts 28:31
- You have authority to destroy Satan’s plans + strongholds: “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
- Strive to be like Jesus and the disciples: “And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction.” Luke 9:2
- Rid yourself of sin: “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?” 1 Corinthians 6:9
- Endure hardships while being righteous: “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 5:10
- You must do what the Bible says: “For the kingdom of God does not consist in talk but in power.” 1 Corinthians 4:20
- You should be concerned with the destination of human souls: “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was thrown into the sea and gathered fish of every kind. When it was full, men drew it ashore and sat down and sorted the good into containers but threw away the bad. So it will be at the close of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:47-50
5 Benefits of being an Ambassador of Christ
The hard work you put in to bringing the Gospel to this earth is NOT in vain and there are many benefits.
- We gain a favorable reputation with God. Pursuing righteousness and loving devotion allows us to gain favor with God, which ultimately leads to a more fulfilling and purposeful life. It’s not about what we can gain from God, but rather how we can align our lives with His will. “He who pursues righteousness and loving devotion finds life, righteousness, and honor.” Proverbs 21:21
- We will be rewarded in Heaven and on earth. We may not always see the rewards of our good deeds immediately, but we can trust that they will come in due time. We should persevere in doing good, even when it seems difficult or inconvenient, because we will ultimately reap the benefits. “Let us not grow weary in well-doing, for in due time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
- We grow in intimacy with God. As we seek to know God better, He will reveal more of Himself and His plans for us. This intimacy with God is not something that we earn through our own efforts, but rather a gift that He freely gives to those who seek Him. “For the Lord God does nothing without revealing his secret to his servants the prophets.” Amos 3:7
- God speaks and acts on behalf of the things that are happening in your lives. When we take delight in God and make Him our priority, He will respond by guiding us and granting us the desires of our hearts. However, we should be mindful that our desires align with His will and not our own selfish ambitions. “Delight yourself in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalms 37:4
- A small seed that you plant can become much bigger. For instance, I’m writing this for you to read as a small seed. But it may be the encouragement needed for someone to become president, a doctor, a lawyer, a preacher, or more devote to Christ. Either way, I’m opening the door for God to do more through you. “And he said, “With what can we compare the kingdom of God, or what parable shall we use for it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when sown on the ground, is the smallest of all the seeds on earth, yet when it is sown it grows up and becomes larger than all the garden plants and puts out large branches, so that the birds of the air can make nests in its shade.” Mark 4:30-32
We should never underestimate the impact of even the smallest acts of kindness or words of encouragement. As we plant these seeds in the lives of others, we create opportunities for God to work in ways that we may never fully comprehend. Like the mustard seed that grows into a large tree, our small acts of faith can yield great fruit in the lives of those around us.
Related Article: 4 Tips To Let Your Light Shine & Brighten Up This Dark World!
What is the role an ambassador?
To be effective in bringing the Kingdom of Heaven to earth we have to do the duties of an ambassador of Christ with the spirit of excellence. Our role is key in maintaining and portraying the Gospel to non-believers and ones that have given up hope in our beautiful God.
Who is the Ambassador of Christ?
In the Bible and scriptures below, Paul is the only one who calls himself an ambassador in Christ. Despite persecution, Paul believes it is his duty to show God’s kingdom is worth dying for.
Similarly, YOU are powerful when you partner with your Father in Heaven. Together, you and him can drive out demonic forces and dark powers in high places. Yes, God wants to partner with you! He wants you to be apart of the process of bringing souls into the Kingdom, helping others to believe their Christ like identity, and teaching people about the POWER found in a Godly life:
- “Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” Matthew 6:10
- “I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.” John 15:15
What is a Christian Ambassador?
An Ambassador of God is a representative of the Kingdom of God that is tasked with modeling the behavior and power of Christ on the earth. Ambassadors are a students of God’s word, character, behavior, and desires. They learn as much as they can about God, behave like Jesus, and desire the things that God would want. Then the ambassador teaches others to live righteously and promotes the worship of God on earth.
What is the meaning of an ambassador of love and hope? Understand God’s desires are necessary to continue the work of Christ on earth. We must love God enough to hope that others will enter into the sanctifying power of Christ. An ambassador of love and hope is the greatest role model of perfect love. They have an unconditional love that always hopes for the best in people and they seek God for direction when they need strength to keep the faith. They give others a taste of real love through their kindness and they encourage others to have hope in the most difficult moments in life.
God's true ambassadors on earth promote the importance of love, mercy, forgiveness, hope, gentleness, humility, truth, long-suffering, faith, and kindness.
Ambassador of Christ Bible Verses:
1. To achieve world transformation we much strive to be perfected as expressed in this scripture: “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.“ 2 Corinthians 5:17-21
2. Ambassadors clothe themselves in the Whole Armor of God: “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.
Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.” Ephesians 6:10-20
Related Article: 75 Spiritual Warfare Prayer Points + Bible Verses!
3. Ambassadors are messengers of love and peace. Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.” Then Pilate said to him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.” John 18:36-37