Yes, God still speaks. God is NOT dead and He is VERY active. Be still and know that He is God and that he wants to communicate with you CLEARLY.
"In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people; your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams." Acts 2:17
Related Article: How to Hear God’s Voice: Is it Satan or God?
Is God Speaking to You?
1. You heard God voice: audibly, through a dream, via a still small voice, a knowing, via the Bible, through a prophet, a situation, a sign, an angelic visitation, and/or a vision. In the Bible, God speaks many different ways, so don’t ever put God’s voice in a legalistic box. God even spoke through a donkey according to a story in the Old Testament. However, ensure that the way you’re hearing from God can be supported as biblically accurate.
2. You are filled with a peace and hope that surpasses all understanding. God’s voice doesn’t and won’t confuse you. Even if things are chaotic, His leading feels right and all the puzzle pieces are coming together naturally. “For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.” 1 Corinthians 14:33
3. You have received the same word and/or signs multiple times about the same thing. The signs will usually come from different people and in multiple different mind blowing ways. For instance, when Mary was going to have Jesus the angel appeared to her. Then the angel appeared to her cousin Elizabeth and testified. And then an angel confirmed it to Joseph when he planned to leave Mary due to fear. To intensify this, Jesus’ coming was prophesied about over 44 times from many other prophets such as John the Baptist, Isaiah, etc.
4. God spoke to you freely and you didn’t tell him what signs you needed to see. Avoid having suggestive prayers be your main confirmation: If that is my future spouse allow them to wear green tomorrow. Or, wake me up at 3:00a if that’s my job. “For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.” 2 Peter 1:21
5. God’s voice doesn’t contradict His character in the Bible. God’s voice promotes forgiveness, peace, mercy, justice, righteousness and lovingly leads people to His truth. He also wants to encourage you to stand strong in your identity, purpose, and personal relationship with himself. “God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?” Numbers 23:19
6. You prayed and/or sought wise biblical counsel to ensure you’re not filtering things through selfish desires. “Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things.” 2 Peter 1:20-21
7. You have a successful record of hearing God. God will give you dreams, words, or encouragements to strengthen your faith that you are hearing him clearly. But, you may be mishearing God If you’re usually wrong about what God is speaks and the words don’t usually prove true. “Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.” Proverbs 30:5
8. You have been enlightened with wisdom and knowledge you didn’t have before you prayed. “Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.” Jeremiah 33:3
9. You are being given strategic steps to take in a tricky situation. “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” Psalm 119:105
10. Deep biblical wisdom is being revealed in your personal life and you can relate to biblical characters. “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12
11. The guidance and direction received from God is producing righteousness and much fruit in your life. “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.” Matthew 7:24
12. You are excited about the opportunity to live a purposeful life. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
13. You are being stretched in your ability to learn and remain humble, so you allow God to guide you into something you wouldn’t normally do without His prompting. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.” Proverbs 3:4-5
14. You are being enlightened to ideas and plans to bring righteousness, forgiveness, love, salvation, and healing to the world. “When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.” John 16:13
15. His voice encourages you to repent and forgive. When God leads us down ANY path it involves him purifying us. If YOU think He is leading you down a path, but you are not convicted to go deeper in holiness then you are probably not truly hearing God. You should have a deep desire to drop all manipulation, pride, control, fear, immorality, and fleshly behavior when you are being led by God. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
16. Your sins are being highlighted and you feel a deep sorrow (not condemnation) for disappointing God. “God designed us to feel remorse over sin in order to produce repentance that leads to victory. This leaves us with no regrets. But the sorrow of the world works death.” 2 Corinthians 7:10
17. You are being given wisdom that uproots false theologies, Gospel messages, idolatry, and/or fleshly belief systems that contradict the promises of God. “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.” Romans 12:2
18. You need God’s strength to walk you through the process of receiving the promise. “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31
19. God is asking you to step out in faith about something. Please seek wise counsel on this to ensure you don’t make unnecessary or unbiblical decisions in your zeal. For example, God could be encouraging you to quit your job, but NOT in your timing. Too often we forget to apply wisdom to prophetic words and rush into something prematurely.
20. You desire God more than the outcome. When God speaks it should lead you closer to him even if the “promise” isn’t what you thought it would be.
21. You keep being given the same advice and/or you’re going through the same situations. This means God wants you to understand a truth and/or learn a lesson. For example, repetitive issues with relationships might mean God wants to grow you in loving your neighbor.
22. God warns you in dreams or through people before something bad happens. This is usually to ensure that Satan doesn’t knock you off track.