Table of Contents
God wants to protect his children. I believe God is speaking to us all daily. He wants to keep us safe. Many of us pray, “Lord guide me” but then we don’t know how he speaks, so we don’t know what to do.
The audio bible lesson explores: How I listen to God to avoid issues. It also explores a bible story demonstrating the protection of God: David, the biblical character, who listened and trusted the voice of God. This kept him calm, safe, and cool in dangerous situations. Just like David, God wants to keep you safe too. Are you listening to his nudges? Do you know how to listen?
If we always try to do things our way we can end up in the path of destruction. However, if we send up prayers for protection and listen to God when he re-directs, warns, and guides us… We can avoid trouble!
Related Article: 7 Tips to Pray for Victory Over Enemies!
A Testimony of Protection from Sexual Sin
After watching my video above, a beautiful sister privately messaged me and said: “I swear I needed this post tbh. I’m going through some financial issues badly, this lockdown has made it worse because i cant stock up and feed my child!! just this week i started some stupid relationship with some married guy and of course he expected to sleep with for some little help he gave me🙄.
I actually was gonna do it anyway but this ENTIRE WEEK he has failed to find money to give me or pay for a place for us to meet. I cried the other night when I realised I had actually been begging God to not let it happen and I’ve just realized that this is the answer😪 today i deleted his number and didn’t pick up his calls. My friend sent me some money today, my sister has given me some for fuel and my sister in law sent me airtime for my phone. tomorrow my sister in law is sending me some money for food😪😪😪😪😪😪 WHAT DO YOU CALL THAT!!!!!”
I replied back: “I call that LOVE. God loves you my dear friend!“
How does God protect us?
- Biblical guidelines: God gives us rules and advice to live a happy life. If we follow his advice we will avoid much problems in our lives. “Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.” Joshua 1:8
- Wise Counsel: the Bible implores that we are friends of the wise and not fools. When we have biblically sound mentors around us, we can avoid pitfalls that ensnare many others. “Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.” Proverbs 19:20
- Prophetic Encounters: throughout the Bible, God has sent prophets, dreams, visions, and Angels to minister to people when they were afraid or needed God’s guidance. For example, Joseph feared marrying Mary and fathering a child that could be birthed out of sin. In a dream, an angel appeared to reminded Joseph that he shouldn’t fear because the Lord is with them.
- Biblical promises: There are over 30 verses in the Bible that confirm God will protect us from the evil one and dangers seen and unseen. God won’t ever break a promises he made to us in the Bible because he is not a God that lies. God wants us to know that he is a Good father and he will always protect his children.
- Reveals man’s heart: Broken people often come into our lives and destroy our peace and stability. If we allow God to direct us in dreams, through wise counsel, and biblical guidelines we can avoid bad relationships, false prophets, and decisions that welcome wolves in sheep clothing. God often directs me in dreams to avoid letting an enemy become too close to my heart.
- Divine Intervention: God causes all things to work for the good of those whom love him. Therefore, He will allow situations that keep us safe from harm. In my video, I talk about a woman that had a gut feeling (a nudge from God) to move and minutes later a car ran into the building at the prior spot she was standing. If she hadn’t followed her gut she would of been hit by the car. We have also heard stories of people being sick or running late when a bombing happened at their job or something terrifying.
God promise that He will protect you from your enemies. If we pray and ask for God’s guidance he will show us the path of safety. But, we need to do our part and stand firm on Biblical promises even when we’re weary “The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.” Psalm 121:7-8
What does God protect us from?
You are protected by God from accidents, diseases, false prophets, wolves in sheep’s clothing, curses, bad relationships, gossipers, manipulators, slanders, fools, and followers of darkness. “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. “All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish. Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them. Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all.” Isaiah 41:10-12
God Protect Us From Bad Relationships
Do you want God’s protection from bad relationships because you fear wolves in sheep’s clothing? Well, in the Bible God promises that He will protect you from your enemies. When we believe that promise then we can rest in his love and be secure that our Heavenly Father will guard our hearts, minds, and life from destructive individuals. If you say you have faith in God’s promise then you will be motivated to praise God for removing people that only wish you harm in your life.
Ultimately, God is our protector. “The Lord will keep you from all harm- he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going…” Psalm 121:7-8 Therefore it is important that we allow God to fight our battles. It is important that we give God the control over all areas in our lives, even in trials. Try to release your fear and patiently wait on God to work powerfully in your life.
18 Protection Affirmations & Prayer Points
This is what I’m praying for the reader as I write: I pray that you read them and God would guide you into his peace. The truth is, God will protect you if you have faith that He wants to protect you. You can increase your faith by repeating this affirmations and training your mind to believe what God promises you:
- May God protect you from all that would come against.
- May God protect you from people that talk behind your back.
- May God protect you from all that he devil has plotted against you.
- Thank you God for protecting me from manipulators, deceivers, and liars.
- Thank you God for confusing the plans of the enemies in my life.
- God remove anyone from my life that means me harm.
- God guide me away from false friends.
- I submit my family to you, please cover us God and into your safety.
- God guide me into your truth and give me faith to believe your word is true.
- Lord please protect us from pestilence and guide us into your healing and power.
- Lord help me to believe that you give your children peace.
- Lord protect my heart from fear and steer me to peace.
- Lord destroy every doubt that the enemy has planted.
- Lord guide me into purity of thought and mind.
- Lord heal me from pain I didn’t know was there.
- Lord heal me from any pain that causes me to sin.
- Lord heal me from needing things or people more than you.
- God will protect us from danger, so He will protect my family, friends, and children.
To have the most powerful prayers that bring you peace and destroy the enemies’ try these 51 Powerful Protection Prayer Points + Scriptures!
Psalm for protection
My favorite Psalms for protection is Psalms 91: “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.
A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only look with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked. Because you have made the Lord your dwelling place— the Most High, who is my refuge— no evil shall be allowed to befall you, no plague come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread on the lion and the adder; the young lion and the serpent you will trample underfoot. “Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”
The Bible promises that God guides us. And, God protect us.
Bible Verses About Protection From Enemies
Here are other bible verses about protection from enemies. These scriptures can be applied to God protecting your children and spouse:
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” Proverbs 5:3-6
“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.” Psalm 32:8
“When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.” John 16:13
“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” Psalm 119:105
"For the Lord your God is he who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory." Deuteronomy 30:4
“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.” James 1:5-6
“The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way; though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the Lordupholds his hand.” Psalm 37:23-24
What does it mean to be delivered by God? God will deliver us from danger and guide us into safety. “The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.” 2 Timothy 4:18
“And the Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.” Isaiah 58:11
“The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way” Psalms 37:23
“He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way. All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.” Psalms 25:9-10
Related Article: 4 Biblical Secrets To Ensure You Are Hearing God’s Voice
“So Saul died for his breach of faith. He broke faith with the Lord in that he did not keep the command of the Lord, and also consulted a medium, seeking guidance. He did not seek guidance from the Lord. Therefore the Lord put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David the son of Jesse.” 1 Chronicles 10:13-14
Romans 12:19 – Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.