8 Benefits of Standing Firm in the Lord
Table of Contents
The Bible urges us to walk by faith and not by sight because there is a blessing in doing hard things with God. One of those blessings is that we grow in ways that we could never image, especially when we fight to stay in love with God despite the pressures around us.
So, remember, whatever you’re going through right now is temporary. There is an ending in sight and God is working out all things for your good. (Romans 8:28) The situation will make sense and you will have a powerful testimony of how good God was in your life.
Continue to submit your fears and pains to him, and He will heal your heart. He will restore your hope and give you strength to keep going, so you can receive the victor’s crown.
“For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.” (Romans 10:11)
Related Article: 12 Benefits of Waiting Upon the Lord + Scriptures
The Benefits of Standing Firm in the Lord
1. Spiritual Strength: Staying faithful to God during hard times can be challenging, but doing so can develop your spiritual strength. Just like lifting weights strengthens your muscles, enduring difficulties and remaining steadfast in your faith can strengthen your spiritual muscles. This can help you to withstand intense spiritual battles that you may face in the future.
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” – Philippians 4:13
Related Article: 14 Tips to Stand Firm In Faith When You’re Tired!
2. Purification: Waiting on God during difficult times can help cleanse and transform you. Trials and challenges can bring to light areas of your life that need to be addressed or changed. As you wait on God and seek Him in the midst of these difficulties, He can use these situations to refine you and help you to leave behind old patterns and habits.
“The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, and the Lord tests hearts.” – Proverbs 17:3
3. Closer Relationship with God: Trusting and having faith in God during life’s storms can deepen your relationship with Him. When you turn to Him in times of trouble and rely on Him, you may find that your relationship with Him grows stronger as you experience His faithfulness and love in a more profound way.
You will be able to hear God at a deeper level. Additionally, you will have a deeper understanding of God’s character. Many people believe Him to be an unloving and unkind God when things don’t go well. However, He is a constant and unfailing love that doesn’t always align with our limited view of love.
“God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?” Numbers 23:19
Related Article: God Won’t Break 10 Promises Listed in Scripture!
4. Self-Control: Choosing to remain righteous during trials and temptations can help you develop self-control and resist the enemy’s traps. In difficult times, it can be tempting to give in to negative emotions or engage in behaviors that don’t align with God’s will. However, choosing to remain righteous can help you develop self-control and resist the enemy’s traps.
Additionally, all other fruits of the spirit will be given to you during your wait. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.” (Galatians 5:22-23)
“Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope.” – Romans 5:3-4
5. Spiritual Maturity: Enduring trials can help you gain the wisdom and maturity necessary to lead others in the truth of the Gospel. As you navigate difficult situations and rely on God, you may gain a deeper understanding of His character and His ways. This can help you to share His love and truth with others in a more meaningful way.
6. Victor’s Crown: Remaining steadfast under trial can result in receiving the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love Him (James 1:12). This crown represents eternal life with God and is promised to those who endure trials and remain faithful to Him.
“Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.” – James 1:12
Related Article: 11 Prayers to Stand Firm in Faith
7. Beauty in God’s Eyes: While God already loves us, standing firm in faith demonstrates a true love for Him and can be pleasing to Him. When we choose to trust and have faith in God during difficult times, we demonstrate our love for Him in a tangible way. This can be pleasing to God and help us to grow closer to Him.
“For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” – 1 Samuel 16:7b
8. Receive Revelation: As you seek God’s guidance and wisdom in the midst of these challenges, you may find that the truths of the Bible become more applicable and meaningful to your life. The stories of characters in the Bible who faced trials and remained faithful can serve as inspiration and encouragement for your own journey.
One related Bible verse is found in Romans 15:4 which says, “For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.” This verse reminds us that the stories and lessons found in the Bible were written for our benefit, and can serve as a source of endurance and encouragement during difficult times.
Summary of the Benefits of Standing Firm in the Lord
In conclusion, standing firm in the Lord may not always be easy, but it can result in numerous benefits, including spiritual strength, purification, a closer relationship with God, self-control, spiritual maturity, the promise of the Victor’s Crown, and the pleasure of being considered beautiful in God’s eyes.
Related Article: 14 Tips to Stand Firm In Faith When You’re Tired!
Standing Firm in Difficult Times Sermon
When life’s storms threaten to rock your boat, it’s essential to seek sound biblical wisdom to keep yourself steady. Who do you turn to for spiritual guidance that feeds your soul? For me, that person is T.D. Jakes. He is one of my favorite vessels of God, and his divinely inspired messages remind me that God is always in control. If I stay in the fight and hold fast to my faith, I will see the work of the Lord.
- How to Stay on Track: Watch if you’re waiting on the blessings of the Lord.
- How to Overcome Crushing Pain: Watch if you’re going through a hard situations that is testing your faith.
- Destiny from the Perspective of Focus: Watch if you’re ready to go to the next phase in life.
- Praising God & Singing in the Darkness: Watch if you’re looking for motivation to worship God during diffcult times.
Related Article: 60 Prayer Points for Breakthrough in Every Area + Bible Verses
The Father of Faith
In his older age and with his barren wife Sarah, God told Abraham that he would produce a son. God still gives clear direction to those who seek it. Even if you haven’t experienced such clear direction from God individually, know that He gives very clear promises and blessings to EVERYONE in the Bible.
Abraham was counted righteous because he understood the importance of standing firm in his beliefs. He “did not weaken in faith when he considered his own body, which was as good as dead (since he was about a hundred years old), or when he considered the barrenness of Sarah’s womb. No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. That is why his faith was “counted to him as righteousness.” But the words “it was counted to him” were not written for his sake alone, but for ours also. It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord, who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.” (Romans 4:19-25)
You don’t have to do anything to earn God’s love or for him to answer your prayer. Just sit tight, keep reading and training your mind to know that God loves you and wants to work everything out for your good. However, sometimes His plans seem slow which can cause us to see God as unkind and unloving to the human mind. But wait for it, he is the masterpiece builder. He puts EVERYTHING together and desires to save every soul.