Are you active or avoidant in your style of coping? This coping inventory test will help you evaluate how you deal with your pain.
1. I vent to someone or do something positive to deal with the pain.
2. I distract myself, blame myself, or down play the problem.
1. Excess food, drugs, sleep, working.
2. I vent to a friend and try to find a solution.
3. I exercise, relax, and spiritually heal through different methods.
4. I focus only on the things I did wrong and try to fix it.
1. I busy myself to avoid being alone or with my own mind.
2. I acknowledge the problem and seek ways to fix it.
1. I try to make jokes or think about the positives.
2. I don't think about them at all.
3. I try to find a solution.
4. I hyper focus on everything I did wrong.
1. I have a hard time forgiving myself or others.
2. I acknowledge my pain and fault and try to fix things!
1. I get angry and lash out.
2. I find ways to think positive.
3. I focus on what other people did wrong.
4. I use the wisdom gained to avoid the same problem in the future.
1. AVOIDANT - I don't deal with the problem fully.
2. ACTIVE - I find ways to address and handle the problem!
1. It's usually the other party that caused the issue.
2. If I handled the situation better others would have too.
3. I explore what I could of done better and what they could do better.
1. Yes, I need to be around someone to feel better.
2. No, I'm comfortable being alone with my own thoughts.
1. I am comfortable thinking through painful memories and finding solutions by myself.
2. I often try to distract myself from thinking or feeling.
All 10 questions completed!