Godly women are so important in promoting the Gospel. However, a woman needs to understand her role and the truth of the Gospel to do that. The true nature of the Gospel is that Christians should be and act like God.
Many people think that a sinful life and fleshly behavior is normal but it isn’t. The Bible said that Jesus died to perfect us and he gives us everything needed to avoid sin and defeat the plans of the enemies in our lives. “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13
Therefore, if we are not behaving and acting like Jesus then we are not allowing the full gospel to take control of our life. Whenever we behave opposite of God’s character that means we need healing in our hearts and mind. If you struggle in this area, you may lack faith in God’s goodness or you have pain that has caused you to get stuck in bad patterns.
Therefore, we all have room for God to develop us but we should strive to possess all 28+ of these traits and fruits of the spirit. Want to know if you are ready for marriage? Take this quiz now!
28+ Characteristic Traits of a Godly Woman
- A Godly woman prays when she is happy or sad.
2. God fearing women repent and changes any bad patterns of behavior.
3. Godly girlfriends don’t have a list of wrongs because they forgive.
4. Proverbs 31 women are disciplined in doing the right thing even when she doesn’t feel like it.
5. A Godly woman isn’t afraid to share vulnerably with God and her close confidants.
6. She is patient and doesn’t rush God nor people.
7. The Godly girlfriend is gentle even when people don’t deserve it.
8. She’s the type of lady that doesn’t need the approval or compliment of others because she is confident in who God has created her to be.
9. Godly ladies communicate properly because they value their own and the opinions of others.
10. A lady of God is teachable because only God is perfect and knows everything.
11. She is humble because God has blessed her and she is grateful not a showoff.
12. The Godly woman knows that she needs emotional healing and seeks to get it through prayer, mentorship, and/or counseling.
13. She’s thoughtful and treats others how she would like to be treated, even when others aren’t kind.
14. Godly girlfriends aren’t only concerned with themselves they care about others and will give 100% of themselves selflessly to accomplish the will of God.
15. She has boundaries and doesn’t give into people’s bad habits or behaviors because people don’t grow that way.
16. The Godly woman is honest and apologizes when she doesn’t give the full truth.
17. A Godly woman is decisive and when she doesn’t know the solution she gets wise counsel.
18. A lady of God doesn’t mind being the first to do something that God wants because she’s an initiative taker and pioneer.
19. She’s a woman that knows what she deserves and doesn’t let people treat her poorly.
20. She is compassionate and empathizes with the struggles and emotions of others.
21. This special lady has the spirit of discernment and allows God to show her hidden mysteries.
22. Godly women believes the promises of God and patiently waits for him to give her peace.
23. She is full of hope and faith.
24. Woman of God aren’t afraid to be weak and ask for help when it’s needed.
25. She seeks God for direction because she is full of purpose.
26. A woman of God is passionate about Jesus!
27. She is kind and giving.
28. She seeks to love people that are poor, different, and consider the least of us.
Marriage is HARD-WORK if you don’t work out the issues in your life it will show up. You can get 20mins of free mentorship with me to help you navigate this!
13 Traits of A Proverbs 31 Wife!
Godly girlfriends possess these 13 biblical traits found in Proverbs 31:10-31 (Passion Translation)! The verses spell out what a woman that seeks God should look like. Ladies, if you fall short… Seek therapy or mentorship. Want to know if you are ready for marriage? Take this quiz now!
Read the numbered words by me in bold and verses from proverbs 31 below in Italics:
1. Godly women are rare!
Who could ever find a wife like this one
she is a woman of strength and mighty valor!
She’s full of wealth and wisdom.
2. She is victorious and priceless.
The price paid for her was greater than many jewels.
Her husband has entrusted his heart to her,
for she brings him the rich spoils of victory.
3. Godly women are kind and pure.
All throughout her life she brings him what is good and not evil.
She searches out continually to possess
that which is pure and righteous.
4. Women of God are hard-workers.
She delights in the work of her hands.
She gives out revelation-truth to feed others.
She is like a trading ship bringing divine supplies
from the merchant.
5. She is disciplined and cares about others.
Even in the night season she arises and sets food on the table
for hungry ones in her house and for others.
She sets her heart upon a nation and takes it as her own,
carrying it within her.
6. Godly ladies are strong.
She labors there to plant the living vines.
She wraps herself in strength, might, and power in all her works.
She tastes and experiences a better substance,
and her shining light will not be extinguished,
no matter how dark the night.
7. She cares for the poor.
She stretches out her hands to help the needy
and she lays hold of the wheels of government.
She is known by her extravagant generosity to the poor,
for she always reaches out her hands to those in need.
8. Godly women are fighters.
She is not afraid of tribulation,
for all her household is covered in the dual garments
of righteousness and grace.
Her clothing is beautifully knit together
a purple gown of exquisite linen.
9. Godly girlfriends make their partners look good.
Her husband is famous and admired by all,
sitting as the venerable judge of his people.
Even her works of righteousness
she does for the benefit of her enemies.
10. She doesn’t fear because God is strong.
Bold power and glorious majesty are wrapped around her
as she laughs with joy over the latter days.
Her teachings are filled with wisdom and kindness
as loving instruction pours from her lips.
11. She meets her families needs because she let’s God help her do it.
She watches over the ways of her household
and meets every need they have.
Her sons and daughters arise in one accord to extol her virtues,
and her husband arises to speak of her in glowing terms.
12. Her Godly character traits are permanent.
“There are many valiant and noble ones,
but you have ascended above them all!”
Charm can be misleading,
and beauty is vain and so quickly fades,
but this virtuous woman lives in the wonder, awe,
and fear of the Lord.
13. She stands out because she is Godly.
She will be praised throughout eternity.
So go ahead and give her the credit that is due,
for she has become a radiant woman,
and all her loving works of righteousness deserve to be admired
at the gateways of every city!
Want short powerful devotional or proverbs 31 devotions? You can sign up for our mailing list that gets you emotionally ready to become a strong christian which means you will be a GREAT wife or you can visit this proverbs 31 ministry that will help you navigate the process.