66 Quotes To Help You Smile Through the Pain + Images!
Table of Contents
Can you be so full of hope that your current obstacle doesn’t distract you from your goals? Sometimes, a life trial can feel so hard that we become obsessed with the problem and preventing further issues. If proper coping skills are not used during these times you are more likely to develop a victim mentality and feel hopeless about things ever getting better. But, It’s important that you find the beauty in the struggle and refuse to let life turn you bitter, cynical, distrustful, fearful, and angry.
I had a dream where I was walking in the thunderstorm and I was embarrassed that people driving by could see me. I tried to turn back to go home, but I realized I would be judged either way. So, I decided to keep walking in the thunderstorm towards my goal. Eventually, I started to play in the rain as I progressed. This dream signaled that I shouldn’t give up despite judgment, pain, and hardship! It encouraged me that if I kept going, I would learn to thrive in hard situations!
Smiling through the pain means you choose to find the beauty of the journey when it feels like you are walking through a hell.
What is the pain teaching you?
When I go through problems I ask myself questions and do certain actions:
- List the ways that this obstacle will better prepare you for your destiny.
- How will this struggle help prevent another struggle in your future?
- What personality characteristics did this obstacle strengthen?
- How much wisdom did I gain from this situation?
- Did I grow in strength to believe I’ll still reach my goal despite the problems?
- Am I consistent and disciplined to keep going despite the obstacles?
- Do I have internal joy and peace when everything is falling apart?
- Am I viewing any situation negative? Is negativity stopping me from seeing the positives?
Does smiling reduce pain? Yes, smiling does reduce pain because the action stimulates the brain to release endorphins. Endorphins are a chemical released in the body that helps to fight off stress, that’s why it’s important to always keep smiling.
Can fake smiling make you happy? Yes, fake smiling can make you happy because the motion of smiling tricks your brain into believing you’re happy. If you keep it up long enough the endorphins will be released and you will have reduced stress and elevate moods. Try not to examine if you are truly happy. Try to focus on doing something to elevate your mood such as watching something funny, having a fun trip, doing something you love, or surrounding yourself with positive people.
8 Benefits of Smiling:
- Smiling can reduce the pain felt from a vaccine or injection.
- Smiling releases endorphins which reduces stress.
- Smiling is associated with a longer lifespan.
- Smiling promotes positive emotions and moods.
- Smiling boosts your immune system.
- Smiling reduces your blood pressure.
- Smiling is powerfully contagious enough to change the world!
- Smiling indicates you are confident you’ll defeat your obstacle!
50 Quotes About Smiling Through Pain
1. “Smile. It intimidates those who wish to destroy you.”
2. “Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, be strong and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.” – John Mayer
3. Smile and remember at the end of the day your blessings outweigh your problems.
4. “Never let others see you suffer. Some thrive off your pain. So, no matter how cruel life is, always be kind and smile. If you do that, god will grant you a reward greater than the suffering you endured.” ― Imania Margria, The Pacemaker
5. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” ― Vivian Greene
6. “Stop giving people the power to control your smile, your worth, your attitude and your day. Don’t give anyone that much power over your life.” ― Germany Kent
7. “Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile.” ― Tiny Buddha
8. “To everyone battling a difficulty or under attack right now, smile, keep your head up, keep moving and stay positive, you’ll get through it.” ― Germany Kent
9. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. ― Dr. Seuss
10. “Smile even though you have nothing to celebrate. Celebrate the fact that you can smile. Some people don’t have nearly half of what you have and they are smiling just because they can. ” ― Germany Kent
11. A smile is happiness you’ll find right under your nose. ― Tom Wilson
12. “Smile and let your Heart Shine! Once you have realized that people around you have nothing to do with your faults and losses, you will never have to wear a fake smile. Smile and emit the Positive Energy. Smile and Love your Surroundings.” ― Mahsati Abdul
13. When things are difficult, smile by faith. Don’t wait until you feel better. ― Joel Osteen
14. A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear. ― Marilyn Monroe
15. “Blessed are they who can carry a smile on their face. They are ones who have found Inner peace in life’s mace.”― Neelam Saxena Chandra
16. “Smile, you’re alive.” ― Fakeer Ishavardas
17. "When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us." - Helen Keller
18. Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you. ―Peace Pilgrim
19. Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles. What do we live for if not to make the world less difficult for each other? ―George Eliot
20. Smile, it’s free therapy. ―Douglas Horton
21. Use your smile to change the world, don’t let the world change your smile.
22. There is always a reason to smile. Find it.
23. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” ― Ludwig Jacobowski
24. Smile, smile, smile at your mind as often as possible. Your smiling will considerably reduce your mind’s tearing tension. ―Sri Chinmoy
25. “True courage is being able to smile in the face of adversity while embracing one’s own vulnerability.”
26. Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. ―Thich Nhat Hanh
27. “Keep on shining, keep on smiling, don’t lose faith, and don’t lose heart. When you’re crying, just keep trying to remind yourself, you’re a shining star, yes you are.” – LeAnn Rimes
28. No matter what you do, no matter how hard it is, no matter how challenging it do it with a smile on your face. ―Lenny Krayzelburg
29. “Just because you fail once, doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don’t, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.” ―Marilyn Monroe
30. You’ll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile. ―Charlie Chaplin
31. Anyone can smile on their best day. I like to meet a man who can smile on his WORST. ―Lauren Graham
32. Learn to smile at every situation. See it as an opportunity to prove your strength and ability. ―Joe Brown
33. Smile at the obstacle, for it is a bridge. ―Medusa
Quotes On Overcoming Pain
34. “I’ve had to learn to fight all my life – got to learn to keep smiling. If you smile things will work out.” ―Serena Williams
35. “It is when we hurt that we learn.” ― Steve Maraboli
36. “No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.” – Hal Borland
37. When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile. ― Unknown
38. Smile at the obstacle, for it is a bridge. ― Medusa
39. “Stay focused on your purpose, not your pain.” ― Ranal Currie
40. “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine
41. “Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” ― H. Jackson Brown Jr.
42. “Nothing is more beautiful than a smile that has struggled through tears.” ― Demi Lovato
43. “Often it’s the deepest pain which empowers you to grow into your highest self.”
44. “Sit with the pain until it passes, and you will be calmer for the next one.” ― Naval Ravikant
45. “Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.” ― Joseph Campbell
46. “Life is a thorough university; pain and hardship are its distinguished professors.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
Always Keep Smiling
47. “Smiling through confusion is courage. Smiling through tears is strength. Smiling through pain is power. Smiling through tragedy is greatness.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
48. “Be the living expression of God’s kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile.” ― Mother Teresa
49. “Always find opportunities to make someone smile, and to offer random acts of kindness in everyday life.” ― Roy T. Bennett
50. “Smiling does not necessarily mean you’re happy. Sometimes it just means you’re strong.” ―Nishan Panwar
51. “You haven’t lost your smile at all, it’s right under your nose. You just forgot it was there.” ― Anonymous
52. “Hide your craziness behind a beautiful smile. That’s all you need.” ―Paulo Coelho
53. “Just because you fail once, doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don’t, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.” ―Marilyn Monroe
54. “Remember even though the outside world might be raining, if you keep on smiling the sun will soon show its face and smile back at you” ―Anna Lee
55. “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.” ― Phyllis Diller
56. “Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you’ve been up to.” ―Satchel Paige
57. “We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.” ―Mother Teresa
58. “Keep smiling – it takes 10 years off!” ―Jane Birkin
59. “Let a smile be your umbrella, and you’ll end up with a face full of rain.” ―George Carlin
60. “You shouldn’t never regret something that made you smile.” ― Mei Maejor
61. “Focus on giving smiles away and you will always discover that your own smiles will always be in great supply!” ―Joyce Meyer
62. "The Secret to a long and healthy life is to be stress-free. Be grateful for everything you have, stay away from people who are negative stay smiling and keep running." ―Fauja Singh
63. “If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.” ―Andy Rooney
64. No matter what life throws at you keep smiling.
65. “There’s gon’ be some stuff you gon’ see
that’s gon’ make it hard to smile in the future.
But through whatever you see,
through all the rain and the pain,
you gotta keep your sense of humor.
You gotta be able to smile through all this [pain].
Remember that.” ― Tupac Shakur
66. “A smile will help ease the pain you feel behind it.” – Christina J. Daniels
67. “Everyone smiles in the same language.” ―George Carlin
Why is smiling so important? Smiling is important because it reduces your stress and promotes a longer life. Smiling is also contagious, so the people around us will smile more if we are smiling. Smiling is a powerful way for you to change the world. So many people are in pain and your smile can cause them to smile which will boost their happiness and reduce their stress.
How can I smile even in pain? You can push yourself to do something nice for someone, you can watch a funny show or comedy skit, and you can surround yourself with people that are there to encourage and love you through the pain. Smiling doesn’t hide the pain, but it eases it. Remember, smiling releases endorphins which stimulates true happiness.
How a smile can change the world? Smiling is powerful because it is contagious enough to change the world. When you smile, it causes others to smile. When you’re happy, it lifts the mood of someone else. When you lift the mood of one person, it causes a domino effect. Every single kind thing you do is planting a seed that will grow in the right time, even if you don’t see it.