Christianity is hardwork. In difficult situations we are purified and revealed as true sons and daughters of a Holy God. We must endure trials and hard situations, while at the same time honoring, obeying, and worshipping God.
We cannot skip the process of pain. The Bible is littered with biblical characters that were tested and endured hardships before they were released into their destiny. Think of Joseph, Abraham, David, and Jesus. Yes even Jesus went through trials.
Jesus left us words to console us as we go through the difficulties of life: "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:3
During trial we have the opportunity to grow in faith, holiness, and strengthen our spiritual muscles, but we can only do this by CONSUMING and OBEYING THE WORD DAILY. The word will produce spiritual strength within us. “So then, faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Romans 10:17
This list of biblical affirmations are a great way to digest God’s word as medicine. Struggling with fear? Use a scripture on peace as medicine. Struggling with loss? Use a redemptive and restorative scripture to strengthen you. Ultimately, there is a cure for your soul within bible verses for everything you are struggling with!
Additional Bible Affirmations:
1. 62 Positive Bible Affirmations for Women!
2. 59+ Powerful Positive Affirmations for Anxiety!
3. 75 Action Affirmations for Daily Emotional Release
4. Be Still: 12 Biblical Tips To Stop Negative Thinking!
Biblical Affirmations for Faith
The renewal of your mind is important to defeat doubt and unbelief. Memorizing and repeating affirmations based on scriptures will help to feed your spirit. Then when it’s the right time, the Holy Spirit can give you revelation on those scriptures and help you to understand it in an AMAZING and relatable WAY!
- I will seek God with my entire heart and soul. “And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.” Hebrews 11:6
- I will mediate on God’s truth by reading the Bible, listening to sermons, and engaging in praise and worship. “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.” Romans 10:17
- I will stand firm in faith during difficult times and reject lies of the enemy, a negative mindset, and doubt. “In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one.” Ephesians 6:16
- I will trust in the power of God to keep me from falling apart. I will keep going in faith. “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
- God’s promises are true, so I will only allow positive statements to live in my heart and mind. “He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20
- I will not pray from a place of fear or weariness, but I will pray and then have faith that God is capable of the impossible. “For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.” 1 John 5:4
- I don’t have to over extend myself in prayer for God to hear and care about me. “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” Psalm 46:10
- I have sound mind that is believes God is real and capable of doing the impossible. “But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.” James 1:6
"For we walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7
Biblical Affirmations for Peace
These Biblical Affirmations will help guide you to receive peace from God. God wants to be there for you because He is Jehovah Shalom (The Lord Is Peace) and Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There)!
- I will trust in the LORD with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5)
- I have access to the peace of God and I will boldly claim that it is mine. I don’t have to settle for fear, anxiety, and pain. “You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.” Isaiah 26:3
- I believe you will come near to me Lord and be with me in my place of pain. “The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.” Psalm 145:18
- Jehovah Shalom, I will rest in your peace and trust that you’ll take care of me. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
- I will give you my burdens Lord and trust you to remove emotional clutter that keeps me in pain. “Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:29-30
- I will not look to my right or my left, but I will look to you God for peace in the most difficult situations. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
- Thank you or filling me joy and peace God. “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.” Romans 15:13
Biblical Affirmations for Guidance
- Father, I trust that you will guide me and protect me from harm.
- I hear the voice of God because I am his sheep. “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.” John 10:27
- El Elyon, I put my faith in you as the most high God and I trust that you will lead me into the promise land even though I can’t see the path clearly. “For we live by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7
- Jehovah Jireh, I believe you are the Lord who will provide for my difficult situation even if it doesn’t look how I expect it to. “Anyone who believes in Him will never be put to shame.” Romans 10:11
- Father, I don’t know how to fix this or make it better, but I trust you will guide me into victory. “For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.” Deuteronomy 20:4
- El Shaddai, the Lord God Almighty, I trust that you will help me to build my life on your principles of love, forgiveness, biblical truth, and worship. “He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid his foundation on the rock. When the flood came, the torrent crashed against that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.” Luke 6:48
Biblical Affirmations for Restoration & Loss
- Abba, I’m thankful because I don’t have to focus on what I’ve lost because you withhold no good thing from me. “For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.” Psalm 84:11
- O’ Lord, thank you for giving me the strength to believe that I will receive a beautiful replacement for all the things the enemy burned to ashes in my life. “…to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.” Isaiah 61:3
- I am thankful that you are a God who fights my battles for me, so I don’t have to entertain the idea of revenge towards my accusers and enemies. “Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” Romans 12:19
- Jehovah Shammah, the Lord is there, I praise you for remaining by my side when others left me, rejected me, and slandered my name. “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.” John 15:18
- I have the type of faith that can move mountains! My prayers are powerful and I don’t doubt that God moves on my behalf. “Truly tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.” Mark 11:23
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
Biblical Affirmations for Depression
- I trust the Lord to fill me with joy, peace, hope, and purpose.
- I will not accept feelings of shame and condemnation because I’m feeling depressed.
- I will expect healing because Jehovah Shalom the Lord of Peace is with me.
- I am still a powerful Christian even if I need to take medication.
- Medication will not stop me from doing the will of God.
- The Lord will save me and lead me down the course of true joy. “The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:18
- I trust you God to heal anything that is broken and hidden within me. “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” Psalm 147:3
- Abba, you are my rock and I trust you to help pursue your peace in the most depressing situations. “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” Psalm 23:4
Biblical Affirmations for Anxiety
- I believe that you are Jehovah Shammah, the Lord who is always there.
- I am excited for your provision because you are Jehovah Jireh the Lord who always provides.
- I boldly cast my worries onto God and release the stress of making it happen on my own. “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
- God has a future for me and I do not have to be anxious about what will happen or what is next. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
- I will not be shaken by difficult situations because the Lord is with me. “Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.” Psalm 55:22
- I will not worry because I trust the Lord will guide me on the path of truth and righteousness. “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6
- I will keep going even when I feel afraid because I know God is with me.
- I am not the person I was before and I will not accept shameful memories.
- I am transformed and committed to making a better future for myself.
- I will not allow stressful thoughts to control my emotions.
- I will direct my focus onto the love of God and all the things He has done for me in the past.
- God will redirect me if I’m going in the wrong way, so I won’t worry about messing up.
- I will not worry about them hurting me because I trust God to reveal the fake relationships in my life.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
Related Article: Do Not FEAR: 6 Secrets to Overcome Spirit of Fear!
Biblical Affirmations for Fear
- My father in heaven protects me and keeps me away from all evil.
- I will not fear the judgments and criticisms of others, because I am not who they say I am.
- I am a Child of God, He heals me and makes me righteous.
- I do not have to prove my purity to anyone because God sees my heart.
- I will be bold and step out in my God given purpose.
- No one can stop me from walking into what God has DESTINED for me.
- I will not fear because the Lord is always with me and will help me to stand in faith. “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
- God gives me peace and I don’t have to settle for fear. “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27