Even if you’re a strong woman entrepreneurship can make the best of us feel weak. Juggling business, life, relationships, and unexpected obstacles can slowly cause our passionate flame to burn-out.
It can feel like there is always so much to do, but there is never enough time in the day to do it. So, I wrote a few self care tips for female entrepreneurs like you. These tips will help you reignite your passions for entrepreneurship.
What is self care for female entrepreneurs?
Self care for female entrepreneurs involves slowing down and practicing self-love. Unfortunately, women that are driven often struggle with imposter syndrome. They may never feel they’re doing enough or good enough, so they forget to celebrate themselves.
It’s time to release the self-doubt and embrace your power ladies!
1. Practice being present
I know that you have big goals and you’re trying to stick to your expansion strategy. However, your focus on the logistics is stopping you from enjoying the little moments in life.
So, how about you put down your checklist for a second and try something on this list?
- Throw a little celebratory get together, so you can get excited about your little wins.
- Watch a movie and enjoy a favorite dessert.
- Treat yourself to a long scenic walk where you take time to enjoy the view.
- Schedule a date night with your girlfriends and turn up the fun.
- Read a book within your favorite genre.
- Get a makeover or treat yourself to new clothing!
- Set a bubble bath and enjoy a glass of wine as you let the stress leave your body.
- Spend a day in prayer and meditation.
2. Maintain Balance
As an entrepreneur, it can be tempting to work a 60+ hour work week. However, that is unhealthy. It’s time to work towards balance between work and your non-work life.
- Create a daily schedule with breaks and fun moments scheduled in.
- Set a time limit for your work day.
- Don’t answer emails and set your phone to private when you’re done working.
- Schedule timers to remind you to take breaks and be mindful of self-love throughout the day.
- You can use apps like screen-time to shut down your phone and computer when you’ve passed a certain time limit.
3. Unwind with Journal prompts
If you’re like me, sometimes you’re so focused on your goals that you forget to check-in with yourself. You probably don’t even notice how you’re feeling till your emotions become too loud to ignore.
So, these journal prompts for female entrepreneurs will help you to gain inner awareness and release tension.
- What are you feeling right now?
- What do you think about the most as an entrepreneur? Why?
- Are you living in the future?
- Do you enjoy the little beautiful moments that happen each day?
- What is your current priority? Business, family, friends, fun?
- Is your priority healthy?
- Do you feel like you’re doing a good job?
- What do you spend most of your day doing?
- How often do you have fun?
- What do you consider fun?
- Are you feeling passionate about your business right now?
- Reconnect with your why. What caused you to start your venture?
- What is the biggest thing that could help you thrive as a fem-prenuer?
- What sources of encouragement do you have in your life?
- Do you feel empty or burned-out? If yes, how can you refill yourself?
4. Refill yourself
It’s time to refill yourself with passion and inspiration for your craft. Then, you can rekindle your love for your business.
The hardest part of being an entrepreneur is feeling like you have nothing else to give. I understand the feeling.
You may work so much that you are running out of energy and creativity. Or, after countless hours of hard work, it can feel like you wasted your time. And sometimes, the results are not what you expected.
Consider, the following to rejuvenate yourself:
- Sign up for empowerment coaching, so you can get the support an encouragement you need.
- Join a masterclass where others in your field can inspire and motivate one another.
- Start your own entrepreneurship circle where you can gather a few ladies to encourage each other.
5. Affirm yourself
Using affirmation is an important self care activity for female entrepreneurs. Too often, we entrepreneurs are so focused on our future that we forget to enjoy the present. We often write off tiny wins because we believe we should be doing so much better. Sis, that’s not healthy.
Let’s start to rewire some of those mindsets with these female entrepreneur affirmations.
- I am making the world better with my product and services.
- I work hard and it’s showing.
- I am making progress with every step I take.
- I will not rush myself.
- I will not miss out on what’s meant for me if I take a break.
- I am allowed to feel tired.
- I will not all myself lazy if I’m burn-out or uninspired.
- I give myself permission to relax.
- I will practice good self-care, so I don’t burn-out.
- Every setback and failure will work out for my good.
- Taking a break is fueling me with the energy I need to keep going.
- I will not procrastinate because my product and services are needed.
- My clients are waiting for what I provide.
- I will accept compliments about how well I’m doing.
Related Article: 5 Steps to Level Up as a Woman
6. Outsource help
The number one thing that drains my creativity is handling tasks that I don’t enjoy. Often times, I work on tasks that I prefer and it causes my undesirable tasks to add up. Unfortunately, I then start to feel guilty and overwhelmed by my growing list of unwanted duties.
If you’re like me, why are you continuing to shame yourself for disliking certain tasks? Perhaps, it’s time to hire help. If cost is an issue, you could potentially put a volunteer or internship job posting up. Also, if it’s within your budget, consider offering a stipend to make your posting more attractive.
And if you prefer to do business tasks solo then consider household help. Imagine how much time you can save by hiring a cleaner, cook, or assistant to help you tackle everyday tasks.
I can understand if those ideas don’t work for you. My goal is to get you thinking about ways you can get more help.
7. Don’t look at the competition
Sweetie, what’s meant for you is for you. Your niche clients are waiting for a businesswoman with products, services, and a story like yours.
So, it’s never wise to compare yourself to your competition. It’s unfair because you are unique and very different. They have their story, struggles, and population to serve.
Just remember, people are waiting for what you have to offer. Your uniqueness is powerful enough to draw attention in a saturated field.
8. Pamper yourself
Invest energy, time, and money into yourself. Without a healthy you there is no business.
And people can tell when you love yourself and it makes them treat you differently. Yes, it makes people notice you which opens the door for the relationships, business connections, and friendships that you are looking for.
Self-care is about taking the time to take proper care of yourself and put your best image out for the world to see. You don’t have to be a certain weight or dress like a fashion model, but you do have to aim to be excellent in how YOU CHOOSE to appear to the world.
- Clearing out emotional baggage.
- Doing nice things for yourself.
- Prioritizing having fun and doing things that make you happy.
- Taking time to put a neat outfit together.
- Practicing good hygiene and wearing deodorant matters.
- Well brushed teeth, tongue, and regular breath mints as needed.
- Neatly styling your hair.
- Well manicured nails and moisturized skin.
- Throwing away old and unraveled clothing & items.
- Try a new clothing style and makeup look.
- Organizing and cleaning up your living space.
- Visiting the doctor and maintaining nutritional health.
- Exercising and physically moving throughout the day.
9. Cut out all distractions
Oh my! Haven’t we all wasted time with the wrong friends, romantic interest, and scrolling through facebook/instagram?
My sweet friend, it’s time to kick all those distractions to the curve. You don’t have time for that. You have goals that you need to accomplish and they aren’t going to get done if you’re wasting time!
- Avoid drama, gossip, and situations that are draining.
- Make space in your life to breathe, love, and rest without the presence of toxic relationships & friendships which keep you disempowered.
- Create specific goals and fiercely pursue them.
- Make a schedule and put specific times to talk on the phone and hang out with people.
- Avoid getting into silly arguments and sticky situations that just don’t matter.
- Stick to your schedule and decide to work on your goals.
- Get a mentor to help you get unstuck.
Related Article: 28 Inspiring Quotes for Working Moms