4 Biblical Meanings of Suitcase in Dreams
Table of Contents
Dreaming about a suitcase symbolizes you have emotional baggage. The specifics of the dream will determine what you’re doing with the baggage. Ultimately, the dream is indicating your level of emotional preparation for the next phase in your life.
However, dreams cannot always be dissected by every symbol. Sometimes the dream can only make sense when you look at all the other symbols and puzzle pieces.
Also, I would love to help you in the process as well, you can click here to share your dream (or a prayer request). I will try my best, but remember that God wants YOU to grow in intimacy with him… So, sometimes you’ll have to pray and wait for him to reveal the interpretation.
Related Article: 6 Steps To Interpreting Christian Dreams To Hear God Speak!
1. A Heavy Load
The suitcase in your dream may represent emotional baggage. A suitcase signals the emotional pain and trauma that you may be carrying around. It may be time to heal your pain and get rid of the heavy load you’re carrying.
- How many bags did you have? The more bags you have could signal the amount of pain you’re carrying around.
- Were the bags old or broken? The old bags can represent that you’re carrying around pain from the past.
- Was your suitcase new? New bags can indicate the freshness of the pain that you’re experiencing. Perhaps, a recent situation is the source of your emotional pain.
- Was the suitcase heavy or very light? A suitcase that is very heavy and gave you problems in the dream is highlighting that you’re carrying too much emotional baggage. Or dreaming that it’s light could mean you have started the emotional work, but you’re not done yet.
- Did you lose your suitcase at the airport or somewhere else? This can represent that you are not ready because you are still focused on something that you want, but don’t have. It’s time to lighten your load and take flight without the bondage of what happened in your past.
Related QUIZ: Are You Carrying Emotional Baggage?
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30
God wants to prepare you to be an ambassador on this earth. It’s time to be disciplined, pruned, and submitted to God’s process to make you into a mature believer. Without this process, you will not be able to steward the AMAZING places God wants to take you.
It’s time to evaluate your biblical dream about suitcases to see if you have prepared the necessary things to get to the next level.
- Did you pack enough items? This could demonstrates how ready you are to go to the next level in your spiritual, emotional, and physical life.
- Was your suitcase full or empty? This indicates your ability to prepare for the places that God wants to take you.
- Did you forget an item? God could be revealing that you are unprepared and lack the necessary things to get to the next level.
Related Article: How Does God Prepare You?
The bible is littered with examples of God using riddles and parables to deliver a symbolic message.
Dreaming of a suitcase demonstrates your ability to organize. God may be showing you that your life lacks order, has too much control, or you’re packed and ready for the next level.
- Did you get to see how inside of your suitcase was packed? The level of organization can indicate how you approach your life. Also, it may demonstrate how well you have submitted to the disciplining and maturation process that God designed to make you more holy and strong.
- Were you too organized? This could signal that you’re operating in fear and control.
- Was your suitcase messy? This could signal that you are disorganized and not focused.
“Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” James 1:4
4. The Next Phase
Biblical dreams of suitcases can represent that you are going somewhere in a spiritual or a prophetic sense.
- Where were you going in the dream?
- Were you happy to go somewhere in the dream?
- Did you feel confused, afraid, unprepared, and/or lost?
- Is it a prophetic dream? If the dream highlighted a specific place, pray about it and ask a mentor before making impulsive moving decisions.
Evaluate your emotions within the dream because that’s the area that God wants to heal you in. The healing is needed before you can move to the NEXT level or phase in your life.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it mean to dream of a suitcase full of money?
A suitcase represents the organization of your life and emotions. Dreaming that you have a suitcase full of money can represent you have cleaned up your life and are ready to go to the next level. The money is symbolic of a rich inner and external world.
What does it mean to dream of someone carrying luggage?
Someone carrying luggage in a dream means that they’re carrying around burdens or they are prepared to go somewhere.
What is the meaning of a black or red suitcase in a dream?
Dreaming of a black suitcase should be interpreted based on your understanding of the color in the dream. What did you think about the color? How did the suitcase make you feel? You can also read more about the color black or red to understand why the suitcase was specifically colored.
What does it mean to dream of an empty suitcase?
Dreaming of an empty suitcase represents being unprepared to go to the next level. Or the dream could be symbolizing that you have done the hard work of cleaning out the pain and negativity in your life.
I have just been subscribed. Am looking foward to an educative relationship with ADORNED HEART.
Wow Gloria! I’m so happy to hear that 🙂 Be blessed!!!
Thank you for this. I l recently had a vivid dream of getting ready for a plane trip. I had way too much stuff to fit in my suitcases, and I had to repack and leave some things behind.
Hello Amanda! I’m glad this blessed you! It sounds like you are needing to get rid of some emotions to get to the next level. I pray God would show you what is unnecessary and things you’re clinging to that aren’t benefiting you. Xoxo