Praying for victory over enemies sounds like a complicated task but I want to make overcoming this battle simple for you. Here is a list of seven tips to defeat your enemies with bible verses about victory over enemies.
- Pray. You must pray for the victory and to overcome the situation in which your enemy has the upper hand or is hurting you. Pray for yourself. Pray for the person. Pray for the situation.
- “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor’ and ‘hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:44
2. Speak the Truth
- Speak the truth. If you can, tell the person how you feel kindly. They may not listen but your job is just to use your voice. Everyone is in pain so be sure to communicate the truth with compassion and love.
- “If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.” Matthew 18:15
- “You must not harbor hatred against your brother in your heart. Directly rebuke your neighbor, so that you will not incur guilt on account of him.” Leviticus 19:17
3. Know the Truth
- Know the truth. There must be a declaration of victory over your enemies. You are a child of God with spiritual armor. God will protect you from ALL evil. Don’t worry about curses, demons, witchcraft, spells, etc. God is still working in your life even if Satan is causing things to go wrong. All you have to do is WAIT and TRUST that God is in control. Those that wait on the Lord will never be put to shame.
- “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.” Romans 8:38
- “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” Ephesians 6:10-18
- Forgive. You must forgive whether the person treats you well or not. Without forgiveness, you will block up your heart and the pain will keep you from being close to God.
- “Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” Romans 12:17-21
6. Guard your Heart
- Guard your heart. If the person doesn’t change make sure you put up boundaries. Boundaries means you look for a new job, church, or living situation where you aren’t being yelled at. Also, it means not talking to that person often. Limit it to once every three months or so. People that disrespect you should not been laying in your the bed (the intimate parts of your heart is your bed).
- “Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.” Proverbs 4:23
- “Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.” Proverbs 13:20
Related Article: 13+ Powerful Protection Scriptures
7. Remain Righteous
- Remain Righteous. If you’ve done everything you can and nothing is changing you have to still remain righteous. God will give you the victory over every temptation. You can’t be passive-aggressive. You shouldn’t gossip (you should share with a spiritual mentor though). This situation should not cause you to sin.
- “Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.” Ephesians 6:11
8. Continue to Pray
- Continue to Pray. We don’t battle with flesh and blood. We wrestle with demons, principalities, and evil authorities in high places. So, continue to pray because God wants the victory in this situation.
- “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” James 5:16
Here are bible studies for women that will help you to pray for victory over your enemy:
- 58+ Spiritual Warfare Bible Verses + 12 Secrets for Powerful Warfare!
- 5 Secrets for Powerful Prayers That Get Answered!
- Why does God make us wait when waiting is painful?
- Christian Empowerment For Women: First 20 Minutes Free: 1:1 Coaching!
- Carnally Minded: 4+ Ways To Be Free From Negative Thoughts (15+ Bible Verses)
- Join the 7 Day Prayer Challenge For Spiritual Growth!
- Fasting and Prayer: How to Access The Power Of God!
- 4 Steps To Forgive Those That Offend You!
- God Doesn’t Break Bible Promises: List of 10 Promises in Scripture!
- Follow Me As I Follow Christ: 12 Bible Verses To Imitate Jesus Christ!
- How to be More Humble: 6 Causes of Pride!
- 13+ Powerful Protection Scriptures