7 Prayers for Victory Over Your Enemies
Table of Contents
Praying for victory over enemies sounds like a complicated task, but I want to make overcoming this battle simple for you. Here is a list of seven prayers and steps to defeat your enemies which incorporate powerful bible verses about victory over enemies.
- Pray. You must pray for the victory and to overcome the situation in which your enemy has the upper hand or is hurting you. Pray for yourself. Pray for the person. Pray for the situation.
- “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor’ and ‘hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:44
Heavenly father, my heart is in anguish because of what my enemies have done and/or seek to do to me. But, I know that you are near to the brokenhearted and you will bind up my wounds. So, I surrender my fear and anger to you. I place every painful memory and fear at your feet. I rejoice to give you my burdens because your yoke is easy and your burden is light God. You are selfless, loving, and just a majestic God. I thank you that my enemies will not win and you will continue to protect me. I believe that nothing can destroy me because you are with me God. Though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me, protect me and guide me. Amen.
2. Speak the Truth
- Speak the truth. If you can, tell the person how you feel kindly. They may not listen but your job is just to use your voice. Everyone is in pain so be sure to communicate the truth with compassion and love.
- “If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.” Matthew 18:15
- “You must not harbor hatred against your brother in your heart. Directly rebuke your neighbor, so that you will not incur guilt on account of him.” Leviticus 19:17
Abba, thank you for revealing your word and truth to me. I thank you that you have taken me from the grasp of Satan and put me on the path of righteousness. Please continue to reveal your truth to me because I am merely human and only see what is in front of me. Then Lord, give me courage to speak the truth to others around. Help me to lead the blind into righteousness. For we do not fight against flesh and blood, but we fight against powers, principalities, and rulers in dark places. Help me to focus on winning souls back when I speak the truth. Help me to have hope that the truth will restore my brother and bring him into the light. Father, help me to have a heart for humanity as you did when your son died for all of our sins. And father, help me to be secure that when I speak in love their reaction is not my fault. Though, Thank you that my heart overflow with your statues and your truth escapes my lips. My words are like songs to the broken because each word is drenched in your truth spoken. Thank you that my words bring sweet medicine to their dying bones. Thank you for victory Abba. Amen.
Related Article: 7 Powerful Prayers to Destroy Your Enemies’ Plans
3. Know the Truth
- Know the truth. There must be a declaration of victory over your enemies. You are a child of God with spiritual armor. God will protect you from ALL evil. Don’t worry about curses, demons, witchcraft, spells, etc. God is still working in your life even if Satan is causing things to go wrong. All you have to do is WAIT and TRUST that God is in control. Those that wait on the Lord will never be put to shame.
- “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.” Romans 8:38
- “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” Ephesians 6:10-18
I thank you for the victory God. I thank you that your promises are true and you would never leave or forsake me. I delight in your love Abba. I declare that you are capable of the impossible and you can turn any situation around. I believe your word God. I believe in your power to cancel out every demonic plot, curse, spell, and demonic assignment on my life. I ask that you would give me peace and remove any doubt or fear within me. I trust that you are behind the scenes fighting my battles even when it seems my enemies are numerous. I trust in you to get the victory God. I submit to your battle plans and ask that you would teach me to submit to your holy strategy for war. Amen.
- Forgive. You must forgive whether the person treats you well or not. Without forgiveness, you will block up your heart and the pain will keep you from being close to God.
- “Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” Romans 12:17-21
Purify my heart papa. My enemies' have hurt me and I am in pain. They have attacked me in an area that I didn't know would hurt so much. I ask that you would remove bitterness, anger, thoughts of revenge, painful memories, and the need to restore my reputation. Help me to draw close to you father, so I can delight in you during this devastating moment in my life. Help me to see that you are with me in this pain and you cause all things to work for my good. Thank you God for handling my enemies and revealing their partnership with darkness over my life. I ask that their eyes would be open and they would should signing up for the plans of the enemy and come alive in your truth. Amen.
6. Guard your Heart
- Guard your heart. If the person doesn’t change make sure you put up boundaries. Boundaries are a fence around our heart to protect it from dangerous people. Boundaries means you limit interactions, avoid certain conversations, report the person and/or look for a new job, church, or living situation where you aren’t being yelled at. Also, it means not talking to that person often. Limit it to once every three months or so. People that disrespect you should not be laying in your bed (the intimate parts of your heart is your bed). Boundaries doesn’t mean you stop loving, it means that love others from afar or a safe distance.
- “Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.” Proverbs 4:23
- “Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.” Proverbs 13:20
Father, I have tried every step towards reconciliation and fixing this issue. However, my enemies continue in their wickedness. I ask you for wisdom and courage to handle this situation appropriately. Father, guide me into your will and help me to stand strong and remain confident in you. I also ask that you remove anyone from my life that is a secret enemy that plots, scoffs, and gossips behind my back. Thank you for increasing my discernment, so that I will know who you would like me to be close to and who I should minister to. Even Jesus didn't minister in certain towns due to lack of faith, so I pray I would have the ability to go where faith it and uplift the ones that truly want to repent. Amen.
Related Article: 13+ Powerful Protection Scriptures
7. Remain Righteous
- Remain Righteous. If you’ve done everything you can and nothing is changing you have to still remain righteous. God will give you the victory over every temptation. You can’t be passive-aggressive. You shouldn’t gossip (you should share with a spiritual mentor though). This situation should not cause you to sin.
- “Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.” Ephesians 6:11
O' Lord, I ask that you keep me and continue to guide me in righteousness. This trial weighs on me and reveals the impurities within my heart. Perfect me O' Lord and cleanse me of all my iniquities. I ask that I can be a bright light of love despite the behavior and attacks of my enemies. Lord, I will wait as you fight my battle. I will not act in vengeance and anger, but I will leave room for your mighty hand in this situation. While I wait, I will not be idle. I ask that you would give me strength to read the word, believe the word, and become a living expression of your word Abba. I desire to be as Holy as you God and I accept the power of the Holy Spirit to keep me righteous in this battle. Amen.
8. Continue to Pray
- Continue to Pray. We don’t battle with flesh and blood. We wrestle with demons, principalities, and evil authorities in high places. So, continue to pray because God wants the victory in this situation.
- “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” James 5:16
Prayer for God to Fight Your Battles
God, I thank you that your eyes roam the earth and see the wicked plainly. I ask that you would redirect the ones that are plotting against me. Please remove roots of bitterness, unforgiveness, and unrighteous anger within me. Father, renew my heart to desire that their soul is united with you. I ask that you would bring individuals in their lives to minister to them and lead them on a path of righteousness. Thank you father for exposing their own heart to themselves, so they have the opportunity to repent. I ask that they’d understand that their actions are apart of Satan’s plan for the destruction of my life. Illuminate their eyes to their own potential in Christ for goodness. I ask that they’d have clarity of thought and action in this moment to choose between light and darkness. Abba, I ask to release angels to surround my enemies to stop them from finishing their plans. Thank you for protecting me God. I believe your word is true — you will fight for me and you will protect me! Amen!
- The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent. Exodus 14:14
- Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” Romans 12:19
Related Article: 10 Powerful Prayers To Destroy Your Enemies’ Plan
Here are resources that will help you to pray for victory over your enemy:
- 58+ Spiritual Warfare Bible Verses + 12 Secrets for Powerful Warfare!
- 5 Secrets for Powerful Prayers That Get Answered!
- Carnally Minded: 4+ Ways To Be Free From Negative Thoughts (15+ Bible Verses)
- Fasting and Prayer: How to Access The Power Of God!
- 4 Steps To Forgive Those That Offend You!
- God Doesn’t Break Bible Promises: List of 10 Promises in Scripture!
- Follow Me As I Follow Christ: 12 Bible Verses To Imitate Jesus Christ!
- How to be More Humble: 6 Causes of Pride!
- 13+ Powerful Protection Scriptures
Wow you are very inpowering .
Stella that is so encouraging! Thanks so much!